This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

ELECTROLYTES

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
48 BARNEY CUB
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61745
Tractors Owned: 1-1948 Cub
1-1950 Demonstrator
Circle of Safety: Y

ELECTROLYTES

Postby 48 BARNEY CUB » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:18 pm

HERES ONE FOR YOU GUYS
HOW MUCH $ ON AVERAGE DOES IT COST TO BUILD A ELECTROLYTES TANK?

ALSO CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A QUICK RUN DOWN ON HOW IT IS DONE

ALLREADY HAVE.
1.BATTERY CHARGER
2. 55 GALLON BARREL

THANKS
48 BARNEY CUB
1-48 CUB

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: ELECTROLYTES

Postby Rudi » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:29 pm

Barney:

48 BARNEY CUB wrote:HERES ONE FOR YOU GUYS
HOW MUCH $ ON AVERAGE DOES IT COST TO BUILD A ELECTROLYTES TANK?

ALSO CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A QUICK RUN DOWN ON HOW IT IS DONE

ALLREADY HAVE.
1.BATTERY CHARGER
2. 55 GALLON BARREL

THANKS
48 BARNEY CUB

No problem:

Check out Electrolysis or Rust Zapper's then Rudi's Tank. You will probably need to download and install either Microsoft's Power Point Viewer or IE View - Firefox Extension depending on the browser you are using if you do not have PowerPoint on your computer.

Mind you the Bill of Materials is a bit dated now.. but probably not cost a whole heck of a lot. Mine I can actually tow with my small JD and probably my CC as well even full, thanks to the pneumatic tires. To build the basic tank, probably $20.00... with bells and whistles maybe $40.00 depending on what you actually have on hand....

Me I like neat and tidy.. but others - functionality is the key.

There are other tanks.. out there, and I am kind of hoping for some other How To Articles so I can put em on the server as well.. but it is pretty easy.

Oh.. add a couple bucks for Arm & Hammer Washing Soda or TSP/TSP Free.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:59 pm

Rudi..... the correct answer is NOTHING up to Rudi's stylish, mobile, drainable tank.

I used a 5 gallon joint compound bucket, C clamps, rebar (Ok I paid for that), some jumper cables and a battery charger that I had with great sucess for a long time. Then I got a bit impatient a took a circular saw to a 55 g drum that was behind the garage one day when I had parts too big for the bucket. But I kept using the bucket because I found a nice Dayton charger at an auction ($10).

Despite the 'contoversy' over washing soda and TSP. I haven't noticed a huge difference between the two. I will say washing soda does seem to be a great laundry detergent booster.

I won the lottery for the tank made at NE Cubfest last Fall and I really like having everything all neat, but especially like the ability to hold the rebar in place with the jumper clamps, much easier to clean up the rebar.

Try it!!!
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:33 pm

Barney: I probably have no more than $10.00 in my set-up. I use a section of a plastic barrel, 24 inches in diameter and 16 inches deep, as my vat. I buy flat cookie sheets at thrift stores or yard sales at an average cost of 25 cents each. A two dollar battery charger, purchased at a garage sale, has worked well during the past two-three years. Other than baking soda (I have looked but failed to find washing soda) that covers all items which have a cost. And the system works very well. Dan

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)

Postby bob in CT » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:58 pm

Dan,
You can get sodium carbonate or washing soda at Walmart sold as Arm & Hammer Activated Baking Soda. in the laundry soap section. Just look at the contents for sodium carbonate.

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:20 pm

Thanks, Bob. I will check the next time I go to Walmart. Dan

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:51 pm

They carry Arm and Hammer washing soda at the Stop and Shop grocery by my house (a real small store). It's in the laundry section in a yellow box. Also the local Ace sells TSP. Once you fill it, you are pretty well all set.

The washing soda is a good sudsless cleaner too.... Cheap and effective.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38482
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub-Buttercub
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Postby JimT » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:36 am

You can also get Arm & Hammer washing soda at Kroger's. Lowe's carries TSP in the 4 lb box in their paint department.

JimT
JimT

If you can't find it, don't lose it.

Return to “Farmall Cub”