This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

CUB questions

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mth74
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

CUB questions

Postby mth74 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:49 pm

I have a few questions about my cub.

1What type of oil filter do I need,Mine looks like a internal replacment type.Can I get them from a IH dealer.

2 I have a woods model 59 mower.I need some bolts to attatch the draw bar to the back of the tractor can I use normal bolts for this that I can get at at a hardwear store or do I need to get special bolts to mount the bar.Also the bar is not wide enough there is a little gap between the sides of the bar and the insides of the wheel.Do I need spacers to fill in this gap???

3 The pto pulley that I got was a 2 piece design the center comes out.I took the center out and slid it on the pto shart.I then put the outer section on,the part thaty the belt rides in.I tightend up the 3 bolts and when I spin the pulley by hand there is a little wobble to the pulley do I have to get all of the wobble out or is a little ok.I tried tighting the bolts 1 at a time to try to center it up I think I got it as good as I can.

thanks alot
more questions to follow(unfortunatly)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: CUB questions

Postby Rudi » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:54 pm

mth74 wrote:I have a few questions about my cub.

1What type of oil filter do I need,Mine looks like a internal replacment type.Can I get them from a IH dealer.

2 I have a woods model 59 mower.I need some bolts to attatch the draw bar to the back of the tractor can I use normal bolts for this that I can get at at a hardwear store or do I need to get special bolts to mount the bar.Also the bar is not wide enough there is a little gap between the sides of the bar and the insides of the wheel.Do I need spacers to fill in this gap???

3 The pto pulley that I got was a 2 piece design the center comes out.I took the center out and slid it on the pto shart.I then put the outer section on,the part thaty the belt rides in.I tightend up the 3 bolts and when I spin the pulley by hand there is a little wobble to the pulley do I have to get all of the wobble out or is a little ok.I tried tighting the bolts 1 at a time to try to center it up I think I got it as good as I can.

thanks alot
more questions to follow(unfortunatly)

mth74:

The Oil Filter is an element style.. which means that it is a filter that fits inside a pre-existing housing. And yes it is available from your local CaseIH Dealer.

You can also use these:
Oil Filter 376373R91 AC P-321, Fram C-235
NAPA 1153, Wix 51153
Purolator L2008 or L2009
Fleetguard LF-672
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)

Postby bob in CT » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:11 pm

I have a C3 mower but I think the Woods mounts the same way. The mule drive (the part with the pulleys) is designed to mount inside the mounting plates for the Cub drawbar. You need the drawbar mounting plates to properly install the mule drive. The C3 uses 1 1/2 inch long 5/8" bolts to go through both parts and into the final drive. You need to be extra-careful with the bolt length to make sure you don't break the final drive casting by bottoming out a bolt. Make sure you check the tightness on the bolts after the first use. If they loosen up, eventually they will wallow out the final drive mounting holes.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:09 pm

The drawbar mounting bolts have a tapered shoulder which keeps the brackets centered and assists in keeping the bolts tight. They come in a couple of lengths so use the short ones to prevent blowout of the casting.
Unless the pulley is severely warped you will probably be OK - how much movement do you see?
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

mth74
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mth74 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:55 pm

BOB in CT do you have a pic or can you direct me to a pic that shows how to mount the mule drive I didnt get a manual and I dont want to screw something up.And can I use the drawbar mounting plates from my draw bar and use the same bolts that mounted the draw bar to the tractor or do I need new ones.

BIGDOG I thing thear is no more than 1/4 inch wobble in the pully maybe a little less is that ok???

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Bigdog » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:06 pm

1/4" is pretty wobbly - best thing is to try it and see. On the mule drive mounts - the Woods mule drive clamps to the drawbar mounting brackets and is designed to be used with the drawbar in place.
Bigdog

mth74
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mth74 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:12 am

BIG DOG would you have a pic that would show me how to mount the mull dog to the tractor?????

thanks

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH

WoodsOnline

Postby SundaySailor » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:53 pm

MTH74,

http://www.woodsonline.com Check where it says manuals, then find your woods manual. Mine was listed as an underbelly mower, then I looked at 42c-4. This one seems to come close to mine, but as you'll see from the mower selection, there are quite a few to chose from.
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Bigdog » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:21 pm

Check out this link to woods manuals on Rudi's site.

http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/OEM%20 ... index.html

On the 42C4 mower manual page 6 and page 9 are a picture and a diagram showing the mule drive mount Parts number 16 and 17 are the straps and mule assembly which sandwich the drawbar brackets. The mule drive fits just inside the drawbar brackets and the straps are on the outboard side of the brackets.
Bigdog

mth74
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mth74 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:43 pm

Thanks everyone I think I got it.I mounted the draw bar and held it in place with bricks then I put the mull drive in place and put 4 bolts in place with washers.It all looks good.Now for another question.How do I put the belly mower under the cub???The mower has 2 angle brackets running back to the mull drive were it attatches as lifting points do I have to take a tire off to slide the mower under or is there a trick to getting it under .I dont think I can angle the deck enough to get the angle brackets between the back tires.[/img]

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Bigdog » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:45 pm

By turning the front wheels one way and then the other you should be able to slide a 42" mower under the cub.
Bigdog

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)

Postby bob in CT » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:56 pm

Thanks for bailing me out Big Dog and correcting me on the need for the tapered bolts for the Woods setup.

Bob

mth74
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mth74 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:03 pm

BIG DOG I got a 5 foot mower deck not the 42 inch.I tried turning the wheel to both sides but it wont go through I could take the side of the mower off and maybe it will go in but it wouyd seem that thear is a easier way.My dad says to take rear wheel off and slide it under I just think it has to be easer plus I want to plow snow and would take the mower off every winter dont want to take wheel off everytime.

Any help.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Bigdog » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:06 pm

Somehow I got the impression it was a 42 - sorry. Just drive over the top of it or hoist the front end up and slide the mower under.
Bigdog

mth74
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mth74 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:16 pm

DRIVE OVER THE TOP OF IT?????????????

This wont hurt the deck will it.