This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

CUB questions

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:18 pm

Use some wood cribbing to bridge the deck. Just stay off the spindle areas.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:36 pm

This isn't a mower but it's the same problem, and could be the same solution if driving over the deck worries you. Jack up the right front and insert the wedge tightly before removing the jack. The tractor can be rolled carefully over the deck or the deck slid underneath. The tractor rolls and steers quite well rigged this way.

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

mth74
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby mth74 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:36 pm

Ok big dog you have been at this longer than me.I'll drive the cub over the top of the deck.I assume that I can leave the mower on when I plow snow correct ,as I dont want to drive over the mower every year.

thanks for your help

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:46 pm

My personal opinion is that with a 5 foot deck and a 54" front blade you are going to have problems. You can chain the deck up but it's still going to drag on the ends. I'm not even sure you can mount both implements without getting some interference.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

drspiff
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77802
Tractors Owned: The '51
Blue Boy
Scout
a host of parts tractors

Postby drspiff » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:13 pm

I know how you feel mth74. The Cub had a 5' mower deck when I got it and belly mounting/dismounting it is a PITA. While working on the Cub and thinking about a front mounted blade, I decided that I was going to work on a front mounted mower.

I figure that I can put a jackshaft mid-belly where mower spindle was and then run another belt forward to the mower deck. Use the same kind of lift system as a front mounted blade along with a couple of 8" or 10" casters. And it will be much easier to mount and dismount the mower.

If that does not work, then I'm going to try a rear mounted mower. Use the same mower pulley system to a jackshaft mounted under the differential with another belt going back to the deck. Use the rockshaft to raise and lower the deck.

If neither of those work, I'll have a raffle for a 5' mower deck.

Rick (so many possibilities) Dulas