This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Markings

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rggiuliani
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 54208

Markings

Postby rggiuliani » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:27 pm

I start my info quest. My Cub is now home and I am discovering what i have. Some noises, but overall it starts and runs well and has no major leaks. Restoration to parade condition is long term.

My question.... (I did look on the forum for the answer.)

The smaller pipe plugs used for drains and level checks (3/8") have an 'A' stamped in the tops of the plug. The larger fill plugs have no markings. Why?

This is not a stump the chump question, I really want to know.
Ron Giuliani
48 Cub / and minature too...
83 Cub Cadet 782
2002 Case DX 29
All RED in a Green World

junkman1946
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby junkman1946 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:48 pm

The 3/8 plugs are just standard pipe thread, the letter is probably a manufacturers ID (of the plug). BTW Good luck in the election. If you get elected will that mean " Cubs in the White House" Frank :) :) :) :)
1948 Cub F,1962 Original,1971 C.C.model86, WheelHorse and C.C. mini pulling tractors, C.C. models1450 , 682,106,123, Ariens GT17 with loader,Jacobsen Powermax loader and backhoe 8 more Cub Cadets in the shed waiting to go under the knife and spray gun.