This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A 1955 CUB GRILL?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Phil D
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38487
eBay ID: liverider

ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A 1955 CUB GRILL?

Postby Phil D » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:06 am

Mine has a mesh grill and a 1955 serial number. :?

R,

Phil

As soon as I get tine to figure out how to post a profile and some pics, I will.

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:02 am

Are you looking for new or used.
I think a 55 is upposed to have the bar style grill on it but not 100% sure. If your not looking to be all original looking a mesh grill is much much cheaper :D :D

Also check with the other site sponsors Like TM or JPs. Ralph has them from time to time also.

http://www.tmtractor.com/new/tg/864fp.htm
http://www.tmtractor.com/new/tg/173fp.htm -11 bar style
http://www.jptractorsalvage.com/cubpart ... cture.html
Last edited by deputy jailer on Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phil D
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38487
eBay ID: liverider

55 grill

Postby Phil D » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:05 am

I am looking to go back to original Podge. I think the 55 had the 9 bar grill. JP's site says to "call." I will do that tomorrow. I have a mesh grill in really great shape on it now.

Thanks for the reply and the links.

Phil

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Kodiak » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:38 am

Phil,
The 55 had the 9 bar or as some folks call it the 11 bar grille. Either way it is the rarest of all the cub grille's. Therefore it's the most expensive. Tom at TM has a new reproduction and possibly a used one. They look really good. Our other site sponsors may also have orginal grilles too. Check with them, JP, Ralph and Cubguy47. Links at the bottom of the page.

Ron
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:19 am

Come to think of it. I believe Ralph had one up on the wall last time I was up there or I could be imagining things again. I mean you walk into Ralphs and you feel like you've made it to the "Emerald City" only I didn't go skipping up to the door in my dress along with the tin man, lion and scarecrow :lol: :lol: But I did meet the "Wizard" :D :D

Sorry fellas, been a long nite at the BIGHOUSE :roll: :roll:

Larry Barb Dotson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Anyone know where I can get a 1955 cub grill

Postby Larry Barb Dotson » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:54 am

Phil,
While at the Ohio Farm Science Review Tuesday, I saw the new 11 bar grill at the Steiners tent. It was very nicely made. Price was $249.95 I will probably get one for my wife's Lo boy.

Larry