This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Corky Says THANKS to all StoneThrowers!!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Corky's Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30607
Tractors Owned: Just One:
1957 Farmall Cub
"Corky"s Cub"

Corky Says THANKS to all StoneThrowers!!

Postby Corky's Cub » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:43 pm

To all my new friends who came together at Kodiak's great StoneThrow fest '07,

...I wanted to repeat my sincere thanks for all the help provided with the resurrection of Corky's Cub!

We had a super weekend working on Corky's Cub and other projects. But one by one, it seems like everyone from Kodiak, Ron Luebke, evilboweevil, Rick and Andrew, Country, Ralph, Russ and many more, rolled up their sleeves and lent their special talents to help bring ole Corky back to life!

As one of the newest Cub owners in this awesome group, I hope I'm not forgetting to thank anyone; but if I am, it's only because I'm a little slow with names...but thank you all just the same!

And a special THANK YOU to Ron Whiting, my personal nominee as the nicest and most genuine guy in these parts! Kodiak and Paula planned, hosted and carried off a wonderful event, and brought together some of the best bunch of folks I've had the pleasure of meeting in a long time!

Take care to all, and thanks again!

Corky/Charles
I found this old Cub, Forgotten and Forlorn,
With pistons and valves frozen and worn.
Help from my buddies on Farmallcub.com,
And an engine from Ralph, (37’s the one),
Now ole Corky is running and back to life,
Much to the surprise of my dear, dear wife!

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:59 am

Hey Charles...Now Corky Is Running
He's back on all four shoes.
You can drive him for funnin'...
No more Cub Broke Down BLUES!

You need to Git You A Trailer
To give Corky a ride.
So Y'all can travel to Cubfests...
With Corky By Your Side!

KEEP ON CUBBIN SON ! :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

spiveyman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29644

Postby spiveyman » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:58 am

We enjoyed it Charles - hope you get ole Corky Cub finished up with no trouble! 8)
Andrew Spivey

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

'49 Cub.....(Mr. Cub)

Corky's Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30607
Tractors Owned: Just One:
1957 Farmall Cub
"Corky"s Cub"

Postby Corky's Cub » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:50 am

Now Elliott, that's a a ditty!

Funny you should mention a trailer: Kodiak and my son Blake and I kind of sweated fitting Corky on my borrowed car trailer...37" space between ramps meant Corky was straddlin the gap!

Blake strapped that puppy down so tight he couldn't budge...made it home without incident!

Andrew:

We'll keep up the pace working on Corky. My wife now has given me a deadline of Thanksgiving for my current attention to Corky, after which we'll focus on the Holidays. I'll need to start with the transmission, which I think must need bearings and seals. Once we started driving up and down hills on the way home, a puddle of oil drained down the axle tube and out the access hole, (left a 5 inch puddle in about 5 minutes), so the seal is probably rotten.

I'm still debating a full paint job...and the paint is winning! We will see!

CR
I found this old Cub, Forgotten and Forlorn,
With pistons and valves frozen and worn.
Help from my buddies on Farmallcub.com,
And an engine from Ralph, (37’s the one),
Now ole Corky is running and back to life,
Much to the surprise of my dear, dear wife!

Ron Luebke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30145
eBay ID: 9716ron

Postby Ron Luebke » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:03 pm

charles i'm no pro but i can make it red :D :wink: maybe i can make it up your way do some deer hunting in the morning and some cubbing in the afternoon. be glad to give you a hand on corky's cub.
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT !!!

' its just plain ole Ron '

Bugler
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Corky Says THANKS to all StoneThrowers!!

Postby Bugler » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:30 pm

Corky's Cub wrote:To all my new friends who came together at Kodiak's great StoneThrow fest '07,

...I wanted to repeat my sincere thanks for all the help provided with the resurrection of Corky's Cub!

We had a super weekend working on Corky's Cub and other projects. But one by one, it seems like everyone from Kodiak, Ron Luebke, evilboweevil, Rick and Andrew, Country, Ralph, Russ and many more, rolled up their sleeves and lent their special talents to help bring ole Corky back to life!

As one of the newest Cub owners in this awesome group, I hope I'm not forgetting to thank anyone; but if I am, it's only because I'm a little slow with names...but thank you all just the same!

And a special THANK YOU to Ron Whiting, my personal nominee as the nicest and most genuine guy in these parts! Kodiak and Paula planned, hosted and carried off a wonderful event, and brought together some of the best bunch of folks I've had the pleasure of meeting in a long time!

Take care to all, and thanks again!

Corky/Charles

hey Corky,,,,, I never seen so many helpers,,,,,, those Cub motors must really be heavy,,,,took 8 grown men to pick it up and bolt up :P
I can fix it,,,get me a bigger hammer.

1949 Cub "BB"
3 Pumkin Trailers
LT 1042 Cub Cadet
71 Screwdrivers
22 in. Honda Mower
Echo weedeater
Half a can of Kroil

Return to “Farmall Cub”