This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Urethane Cutting Edge for Blade

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
drspiff
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77802
Tractors Owned: The '51
Blue Boy
Scout
a host of parts tractors

Postby drspiff » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:52 am

geibes wrote:You could try United States Plastics in Lima, OH. They have everything plastic - and the profits go to a great cause!!!

As I was looking through the US Plastics site, I think I found what you need.

This is 1/2" thick HDPE 18"x60" for 53.20.

You could get 4 blades, 4 3/8" wide, or 3 blades 5 7/8" wide, allowing for 1/8" saw kerfs. The cost per blade is going to be $13.30 for the 4 3/8" and $17.74 for the 5 7/8" blade.

Rick (the future is plastics) Dulas

Ed Harbur
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ed Harbur » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:44 am

Here are a couple of quick thoughts -

All plastics are not the same. There are many different combinations of strength, wear, chemical resistance etc... qualities available, and I'm pretty sure that something like Trex will leave you disappointed.

Most plastic commercial plows that I'm aware of use polyurethane, so probably the best place to start. McMaster-Carr and MSC are good sources, but not necessarily the cheapest ones. (Both great resources, and everyone should have copies of their catalogs, by the way)

We use this material all the time to fabricate race car skid pads because of it's wear resistance. It's easy to work with, but I should warn everyone that cutting it on a table saw under certain circumstances can be a a little shakey. If you cut too slowly, or have a dull blade, the plastic can melt, rather than cut cleanly, and stick to the blade - with REALLY exciting results! You may ask how I know this...

Be careful,

Ed

Poncho
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 55906
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Poncho » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:29 pm

With the top piece of metal not on my blade, can you use black plastic culvert tubing or does metal work better to move more snow, or don't it matter?
1950 Demonstrator Cub
Woods 59 Mower
Cub 54A Blade
Cub 22 Sickle Mower
Model 100 McCormick spreader