This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Plastic axle hanger bolt spacers

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Plastic axle hanger bolt spacers

Postby Bob McCarty » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:24 pm

I seem to remember a post where someone made these mounting blocks out of some kind of plastic. I can't find it with a search. Anyone able to help? Are the cast blocks also used to mount any other implements, or just the blade?

Thanks, Bob

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:39 pm

You will also need them for the front hanger on your Kub Klipper mower. I have several implements and I believe that I only use blocks on the Klipper and the blade. Dan

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:47 pm

Bob: If you have a spare front tool bar a machine shop can cut it into several mounting blocks and drill the center holes. Might be less expensive than buying a set. Dan
Last edited by Dan England on Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:05 pm

Yep Thats right
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

drspiff
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77802
Tractors Owned: The '51
Blue Boy
Scout
a host of parts tractors

Postby drspiff » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:27 pm

Before you start cutting up a toolbar, I picked up some scrap a couple of weeks ago. Blocks that are 1 1/2" square and 6" long. If the toolbar hole is 1 1/2" square then one of these chunks would make four 1 1/2" cubes.

I'll make you a great deal on one of these chunks if you think it might work. I'll even cut it up and drill some holes. Do you need them soon? Or can they wait for the Texas Tumble?

Rick (NEVER throws anything away) Dulas

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:37 pm

Rick, That would be great. But I think they are 2 1/2" long. I have them for the blade that I use, but want a set for the second blade that I will probably sell. Your blade came with a set of them. The reason I was interested in the plastic, was ease of fabrication and possibly cheaper material.

Bob

drspiff
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77802
Tractors Owned: The '51
Blue Boy
Scout
a host of parts tractors

Postby drspiff » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:22 pm

Making them 2 1/2" is no problem. The problem I see with using a plastic material is that it is... plastic. By definition, it will move under load. Use the set that came with my blade and I'll some make here as a replacement. Figure that it is down payment on the Cub Express to the Tumble. :lol:

Rick (making stuff is fun) Dulas