This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I try to be nice & look what I get

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45387

Re: Could I take a crack at it?

Postby Into Tractors » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:51 pm

itllbejohn wrote:Dave,
I don't know if I qualify as an expert, but I'm reasonably handy with working with images. I have friends at work who are experts. I'd like to take a shot at fixing this thing for you if that's alright with you. Ill send you a message with my email and my address and you can email me the file or send me a disk. Let me know. :)

Same here, I dabble with graphics as well when I have time. But my wife's cousin does some "Amazing" things.

She might be able to help? Not sure, but willing to give it a shot?
Mike Duncan

CTdave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06870

Postby CTdave » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:53 pm

POST 501!!! :D
Ok, I had one color copy printed today. It defenately needs some work but I think it might come out ok. I will email it out to itllbejohn & see if photoshop can help. I also could see if someone with artistic skills can touch up the copy and then have it re-scanned it. I'll post a picture tomorrow so you can see which poster it is. It's much nicer than the two shown in the links posted by Trent M.
What we have to figure out is what wording is missing in a couple of spots.
It's really a cool poster & I'd hate to give up my quest. Also, who has a connection for color printing? The local Kinkos wants $60 per copy :shock:

So, now that I'm at 501, what is the next milestone? Having a post counts to match the serial numbers of our cubs :?
:D :D Thanks for everything guys!!!
'47 Circle Cub serial # 10xx
'59 lowboy. 1000 loader & fast hitch
'48 Cub, resto w/planter/fertilizer
629 utility wagon
Fast hitch brush hog, plows and landscape rake.
Cultivators, 54a blade

CTdave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06870

Postby CTdave » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:55 pm

I did some more work to it & had another copy made. Here it is so far (but not finished). I need to figure out what wording is missing.

'47 Circle Cub serial # 10xx
'59 lowboy. 1000 loader & fast hitch
'48 Cub, resto w/planter/fertilizer
629 utility wagon
Fast hitch brush hog, plows and landscape rake.
Cultivators, 54a blade

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:18 pm

My nephew is a manager for Kinko’s; he handles the professional printings such as team banners for NFL teams and other sports. If you’d like I can see if he would be willing to print some of these off, he can even enlarge them to life size :shock: 8) Let me know and I’ll give him a call. He’s a graphics artist by trade so he may even be able to help in the restoration.
8)

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Into Tractors » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:22 pm

Dave, that poster looks like a picture of a Cub that is in one of the manuals we scanned for the PDF project?

I'll need to review them (Maybe someone else will pick up on which manual it's in) and see, but pretty sure I was that picture while doing the PDF project.

If so, we should be able to get the missing wording together?
Mike Duncan

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:24 pm

I fixed your links up a little bit.

Wording:

clutch . single-
plate, 6 1/2-inch, dry-
disk, foot-operated
. . . smoothly trans-
mits engine power to
the load. You enjoy
smooth starts. . . no
grabbing and jerking.

timng gear train . hard-
ened-steel gears are helical
type for quiet operation. The
teeth are marked for quick
matching if the gears are re-
moved for engine overhaul.

Any other wording missing?

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:30 pm

Into Tractors wrote:Dave, that poster looks like a picture of a Cub that is in one of the manuals we scanned for the PDF project?

I'll need to review them (Maybe someone else will pick up on which manual it's in) and see, but pretty sure I was that picture while doing the PDF project.

If so, we should be able to get the missing wording together?

Look here, pages 6 and 7. You can deal with the apostrophe problem on your own.
http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Ad's,% ... index.html

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Into Tractors » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:33 pm

Jim's the man, that's it :!: I knew I saw it somewhere....

Dave, I have that picture both in JPG and within the PDF file.

I can email them to you if you'd like if that will help you out any?
Mike Duncan

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:36 pm

No broken url's here:

Stick
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: I try to be nice & look what I get

Postby Stick » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:43 pm

CTdave wrote:Well with my 501st post coming up, I thought I'd try to do something nice for my new friends here. I bought a real nice origonal poster which is 24"x34". It's a colored cub rendering with cut away views showing gears & internal mechanical components & blocks of information all around it. I was planning on making color copies & giving them to all who have been so helpful over the past year & then selling the origonal back on ebay. I also thought I'd sell a few copies on ebay as well, just to cover costs.
Anyway, I received the origonal poster which was advertised as being in good shape aside of a couple of rips which could be taped from the back. I opened the roll & pieces fell out. I mean dozens of pieces. It looked like several of the large pieces were rolled up together & then the fragments were poured into the tube. What gets me is it was laminated in the picture on ebay & it looked great. He said he was going to remove it & roll it up for shipping because sending it as is would be too expensive. I called him early the next day to say keep it together & just put cardboard on each side & send it & I didn't mind the extra cost. He said he already took it apart & shipped it :evil:
It has now been put back together as well as it can be but some small pieces are still missing. I have it scanned onto a disc & I'm going to get a quote on getting a photoshop expert to fix it up. Does anyone here have good photoshop skills?
I'm wrestling with the costs involved & trying to figure out if it's worth it to continue.
I have contacted the seller (nameless for now) but you all know the name. I'll see what he does to resolve this. I wouldn't usually be bothered but the damn thing was expensive.
So, with all that said, I'll keep you posted
Dave

Dave know the one your talking about quite well. That sucks. I hope it works out for you.
Stick-Tastic

1950 "Demostrator" White (Casper)
1955 Cub High Crop
1965 Allis Chalmers Big Ten's
1941 JD H
35 JD Unstyled A (Open Fan Shaft)
1949 JD A
1949 JD BN
1936 JD B
2- 1937 BN
1937 JD B
1932 JD GP
2-1941 CASE VC

Alan Riley
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71328

Postby Alan Riley » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:02 pm

I bought a couple of Cub items from Wengers a while back...one was a choke control rod and the other was a toolbox. The rod was ok but the toolbox was junk. They showed a picture of a good, solid toolbox but the one I received was rusted out badly. I won't make the mistake of buying from them again. :evil:
Old Age: The phase of life when nothing works and everything hurts...