This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rick Prentice the fabulous metal fabricator....

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH
Circle of Safety: Y

Rick Prentice the fabulous metal fabricator....

Postby SundaySailor » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:27 am

Gents and Gentesses. I'm sure each of you have had the good fortune to either possess some of the fabricated metal products Rick Prentice has made, or at least seen some of his fine master craft work. He can easily put someone of my low end caliber to shame. I own one of his steps, the beverage carrier, and even a 3 pt hitch that I love. So, I know the quality of his fine craftmanship.

However, he has a certain perplexing situation. It seems as if he now has need to fabricate some sort of extruded metal device that is able to thwart off high degrees of heat, and he's "sweating" it out on this one.

Here's the background: Someone of un-named origin mailed him a jar of homemade chow-chow that would put the hair on a bald spot on your head, and turn around and burn that brand new hair off along with a few extra hairs too boot. From what I've heard, it "burns twice", hence the need for some metal replacement parts for original parts that cannot seem to stand the heat. :lol: So, can any of you step right in and help this poor, kind hearted gentleman out? I'm sure he'd appreciate it a lot being the gracious person he is. BTW, reliable sources have it that he was planning on buying a couple of hotdogs down the road from him and plying them with this fire sauce. He hasn't been heard from since that time though, and I'm a bit worried about him. :shock:

Please see if you can help out our wonderful, great friend as we need to gather around him in his hour of need. 8) :) :lol:

SS
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

Ironhorse
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ironhorse » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:04 pm

Hmmmm...that's going to be a custom job...replacement metal parts for that...um...application are...well...let's just say that I don't even think Rick could fabricate 'um... :wink:
1968 Cub LoBoy w/Woods C-42 Mower
1959 Cub LoBoy w/Danco C-2 Mower
1949 F-Cub/Wagner Loader

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:08 pm

Midas Muffler does custom exhausts! :bellylaugh:
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

brian kov
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby brian kov » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:54 pm

how bout an old piece of a 4.80 x 12" INNER tube :lol:
1955 intrnational lo-boy w/ fasthitch, 1960 farmall cub w/fathitch .fasthitch moleboard ,disk,carryall rotovator,54a blade,I.H. 1ooo loader , Syms all wheather cab. PROUD MEMBER OF THE 500 CLUB LO-BOY THAT IS . 1972 154 lo boy

Bugler
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bugler » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:41 pm

A teaspoon full of Mayo will cure that problem,,,,,,,,,I almost forgot,,,put the mayo in your mouth,,, :D :D :D :D
I can fix it,,,get me a bigger hammer.

1949 Cub "BB"
3 Pumkin Trailers
LT 1042 Cub Cadet
71 Screwdrivers
22 in. Honda Mower
Echo weedeater
Half a can of Kroil

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859

Postby Trent M » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:30 pm

Bugler wrote:,,,put the mayo in your mouth,,, :D :D :D :D

:bellylaugh: :weaping: :tears:
Trent McPeak

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Postby Peter Person » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:45 pm

Is that required with or without a spark arrestor? :shock:

Is Rick's new nickname "FLAMEY II" :lol: :lol:

Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

Kit Sumner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06413
Tractors Owned: 1959 Farmall Cub w/ fast hitch

Postby Kit Sumner » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:20 pm

Or how about "Blow Torch"!

Kit
Any job worth doing
is a job worth doing well.

JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38482
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub-Buttercub
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Postby JimT » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:49 pm

I think I will go back to work and stay away from this subject. :lol: :lol:

Getting a bit scary. :P
JimT

If you can't find it, don't lose it.

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Postby VinceD » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:04 pm

This could be the worlds first Cub with JATO Assist :!: :!: :!:

(JATO = Jet Assisted Take Off)
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:39 am

WELL, I see everyone's been having fun with SundaySailor's sentence:
I've heard, it "burns twice", hence the need for some metal replacement parts for original parts that cannot seem to stand the heat.
however, that didn't come from me. I've grown up with "HOTSAUCE" all my life. My Dad makes his special recipe almost every year, even some with "Habernero" :shock: peppers. Talk about hot. So I've been fine, just working out in the garage more. I've made a small list of you guys that've had some fun with this topic :D :D :D and one at a time, I'll return the favor :D :D You're at the top, Rick :shock: Now who's laughing, hee-hee

Rick(cool as a cucumber) :wink:

Oh, Thanks for the kind topic words Rick, I think?

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:45 am

Glad I'm not on your @#%@ list there Rick :big smirk:

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH

Postby SundaySailor » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:15 am

Rick(billyandmillie) wrote: I've made a small list of you guys that've had some fun with this topic :D :D :D and one at a time, I'll return the favor :D :D You're at the top, Rick :shock: Now who's laughing, hee-hee

Rick(cool as a cucumber) :wink:

Oh, Thanks for the kind topic words Rick, I think?

Well, well, well. I sure am glad to know you're ok Rick. I know you mentioned something about torturing yourself with this mysterious jar of concoction. I was just getting ready to call out the emergency fire help and maybe have *someone* send up another jar to help wash the old one out real good. :shock: :lol: 8) Personally, I know about that blue fire sauce you and your dad cook up. The last time some made it my way, the jar had a smoky smell to it, and the jar was hot to the touch. Funny thing is, it arrived during the coldest months of the year. I still can't figure that one out. :twisted: So, go ahead and send your firebrand sauce on down. It'll be cooled off with a frosty from Wendy's or other place, and I'll have my co-workers staring in amazement again. :P
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:21 am

I have heard that To much hot food ,followed with constantly wearing a ball cap will eventually thin your hair. I have not seen this first hand , just hear say. :wink:
Phil
"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"

boldpsi
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13104
Tractors Owned: 1979 IH Cub - 253598

well not to steal the 'fire' from Mr. Prentice, "but&qu

Postby boldpsi » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:43 am

this subject has reminded me of a little story....

i once did a job in Millersburg, PA, near Gratz, PA. we went to a place in Millersburg that served hot chicken wings. well, not to be outdone by my friends ordering their crablegs and such, i asked the waitress for "the hottest chicken wings you have!". well, astounded, the meek waitress says to me, with her eyes wide open, "you mean... you want the 'Devil Dust'?!?!?!" and i says, "bring it on".

well. the hottest wings i've EVER had, before or after. i gave one each to my 2 buddies (who couldn't even eat'em), and ate 8 of the remaining 10, nibbling on the other 2, so that i could say "i ate'em all". well, i must've made "an impression", 'cuz after clearing the table, the waitress says, and this is verbatim: " "Beastie" wants to meet you!", and i say "Beastie?!?!", and she says, "yes, the cook". so, after a while this guy comes to the table; short, muscular, long black hair and beard, wearing a tye-dyed shirt and a bandana - "Beastie" in his glory! he says, "so you like dat hot sauce, eh?" and i commented that it was a little warm... and with a big smile he says that he grows and breeds the peppers himself, roasts them himself, and prepares the sauces from scratch... and gives me one of those plastice take-out thingies like for the blue cheese or other dressings for "on-the-side" stuff, full of the hottest thing known to man's insides. man, i could smell the roasted peppers from where i was sitting when he handed them to me! youch! that was a painful couple of days! :roll:

however, that's not the end of it.... after about a few days, i developed "a rash" - in all the "soft areas" of my body, including the obvious ones, but also my armpits, back of my knees & in my elbows, et cetera. this non-painful, raised, bumpy, reddish rash lasted for... count'em... 2 months!

now, top that one, Mr. Fire-In-Your-Pants! :jeep:

dave "where's my ice-block?!" holgate
boldpsi@windstream.net
1979 International Cub, rebuilt motor 1997; 5' Woods belly mower, C22 5' sickle-bar mower, 193 -bottom land plow, IH 54A push-plow/grader, heavy-duty chains, loaded tires, wheel weights. Original red commemorative paint.