This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fifty Cent Cub Jack

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: that's "Fitty" !!!!

Postby George Willer » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:17 pm

boldpsi wrote:BrianJ,

i've been corrected by my rap-loving friends numerous times on this, and so i thought i'd let you know so that you don't commit the same faux pas as me (even though i know you aren't "pronouncing it" when you write it) ... it's spelled "fifty", but only stuck-up white folks like me say "fifty-cent" - it's pronounced "Fitty" :shock:

http://www.50cent.com/

and just so that you know.. have you ever drank "Vitamin Water"??? that's part of 50's long list of money-making ventures:

"To coincide with this month's release of his new CD, beverage marketer Glaceau introduced a platinum label for its popular grape-flavored Formula 50 vitamin water. The drink, co-created by 50, has sold 10 million bottles since its October launch."
http://www.usaweekend.com/05_issues/050320/050320_50_cent.html

if i could only be shot 9 times, live, and be a rapper!

dave :roll:

Our product, WD-50 has been on the back burner for a while because we were disappointed in our marketing surveys. In spite of its improvements over WD-40 it wasn't expected to do well. Perhaps we should do additional surveys for WD-Fiddy and WD-Fitty?
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

boldpsi
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13104
Tractors Owned: 1979 IH Cub - 253598

Postby boldpsi » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:46 pm

George,

make it "Formula Fitty", and you'll get the sales! :shock: :roll: :D

dave

p.s. of course, i'll let you do the royalty negotiations with 50... ;^)
boldpsi@windstream.net
1979 International Cub, rebuilt motor 1997; 5' Woods belly mower, C22 5' sickle-bar mower, 193 -bottom land plow, IH 54A push-plow/grader, heavy-duty chains, loaded tires, wheel weights. Original red commemorative paint.

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:10 pm

Eugene the folks here had lots of nice size 14's and 16's. What size are you so I can keep my eyes open. If you and EJP can pry yourselves away from Cubarama for a little while next year there are always some great sales going on around Frederictown. I think they had some nice clothes last year :thumbsup:

I didn't negotiate the price. It was marked fitty cent. I paid the lady fitty cent. The lady could not move it and wanted it gone...No problem

My '59 has always had the wrong, old style spindles and steering arms and one of the steering arms was welded to the top of the spindle shaft. It could never be aligned correctly.

I have the correct keyed steering arms and splindles on her now and its perfect except for the square keys. I stopped at NAPA yesterday and they didn't have them. I think these keys are available, right ??

She's also going to get a new custom adjustable seat, a bent shifter, a new radiator, coil, battery cable, wiring harness, and tune up before the valve goes back on. Still have to do the pump rebuild too.

Then she will be ready to flail and if you never saw Francisca flail. Well...i just won't go there.
"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines

Postby Jeff Silvey » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:55 am

I had a jack like that I won't say what I did with mine. :( :oops:
Jeff
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:20 am

Mikey wrote:
I have the correct keyed steering arms and splindles on her now and its perfect except for the square keys. I stopped at NAPA yesterday and they didn't have them. I think these keys are available, right ??

Mikey, you can get square key stock at TSC and make your own lenghts.
8)

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

Postby Arizona Mike » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:33 am

Mikey, you can get square key stock at TSC and make your own lenghts.

We don't have a TSC for the things we need out here, out here. Maybe Ace Hdwr., Home Depo, or Lowes.

Thanks Donny
"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:41 am

We don't have a TSC "out here" either. Interestingly, there is one in the city of Cumberland, MD. Kinda tells you who their target market really is, doesn't it?
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:55 am

McMaster part number 98830A200, $0.73 for a 12" length.
or 92530A136 and $3.84 for a 12" length of 18-8 stainless. These prices are out of catalog 107 so they may be a bit higher today :wink:
8)

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Arizona Mike » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:24 pm

Thank you Donny :big afro:

Don, it sure does. On my trips back to the Heartland, I stop at a TSC store at least once or twice. They have a lot of useful things for the Cubs.

George Willer