This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Lucas Oil

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Junior
10+ Years
10+ Years

Lucas Oil

Postby Junior » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:33 pm

Hello, I plan to put Lucas additive in my Cub engine. What method do I use? Do I add 3qts then the 20 percent Lucas or reduce the 3qts. of oil by 20 percent and then add the Lucas. I believe a Cub holds 3qts. thanks,Junior

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:42 pm

3 quarts of engine oil in the Cub.

I'm not a big fan of additives. But I would put 2 1/2 quarts of oil in the engine then 1/2 quart of Lucus. This mix would be pretty close to your 20% mixure. 20% of 3 quarts is 6/10s quart.
I have an excuse. CRS.

LiL' Red
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61423
eBay ID: woodpecker56

Postby LiL' Red » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:19 pm

I'm with Eugene, leave the additives on the shelf. If you must use it, blend 1/2 qt oil/1/2 qt lucas,put in 2 qts oil, start the engine, add the blend slowly. leave the engine running until the oil is warm. Many years ago I found that some additives will go right to the bottom of the oil pan and stay there.

DanR
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37743
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby DanR » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:35 am

Lucas is good stuff. It is made to reduce friction. I would use it in a fresh overhaul but in a loose engine it probably would not make much difference. The exception is the tranny. Use the Lucas made for that. It will cut down on the noise and improve shifting.
47 Cub (Glenda)
52 Super A
62 Cub (Genie)
43 H
42 M
In all things know which way the wind is blowing.