This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Oil Filters From Terry Reamer

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby bob in CT » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:19 am

BigBill wrote:Speaking of oil filters is anyone stocking up on motor oil? I'm sure were going to take a hit on motor oil prices soon too. I been buying the mobil delvac 15/40 for my cubs by the gallon. If the oil prices get that bad it may pay off to buy 55 gallon drums of motor oil.

You better get a tougher rotweiler than that creampuff you have if you are going to have something as valuable as a 55 gallon drum of motor oil stored at the BB Manor. :!: :wink:

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:31 am

Pete, About your fire. The clips on the bottom of the tank can be covered with a product from Rustoleum. It is rubbery and made to dip tool handles and coat them. You can get it at the hardware store. It comes in a spray or a can you can take the cover off and dip stuff right into. When I had my tank off I put it across a couple saw horses. Instead of using the tall can I filled a cup and raised it up over the hook. I cleaned the hook to bare metal first. I let it dry good and did several coats. I think it worked good. I havn't use the tractor much so I don't really know how it will hold up in this applicatin. I would say it's worth a shot. It comes in different colors to.

Paul K. in NH

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby bob in CT » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:11 am

PAUL K. in N.H. wrote:Pete, About your fire. The clips on the bottom of the tank can be covered with a product from Rustoleum. It is rubbery and made to dip tool handles and coat them. You can get it at the hardware store. It comes in a spray or a can you can take the cover off and dip stuff right into. I think it worked good. I havn't use the tractor much so I don't really know how it will hold up in this applicatin. I would say it's worth a shot. It comes in different colors to.

Paul K. in NH

I used something similar to dip some parts for my Tiger when I restored it in the 80's. It worked well and it is still going strong. I plan to find some red material for exactly the same clips that were soda-blasted along with the tank on my 77.

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:15 am

Bob, I am pretty sure the Rustoleum stuff comes in Red, Black and maybe a Green. I am almost positive I used the Black.

Paul K. in NH

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby bob in CT » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:27 am

This is what I used years ago and it is available in different colors. I imagine the difference between the 2 materials is the marketing program... here is the where to buy link:
http://www.plastidip.com/diy_where_to_buy.php

I'm glad you reminded me as I need to pick some up. Probably better to buy locally as it looks like it is a hazardous shipment that they may charge a premium for.

pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pete1941 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:12 pm

Thanks guys for the tips on the coating. I will get some, very pronto. For the time being, the cub is all rewired from back to front with the only old wire left being the 2/0 battery cable which wasn't hurt. All the wires now are enclosed in the wire conduit, the flexible ribbed one, split so you can get your wires in. It really made a neat job, with hardly any wires showing. I will find and get the coatings, rest assured. Also looked today for battery quick disconnects, but did not find anything that I thought was suitable. What do you guys use, that will be the next safety feature to be installed. Pete

Clem
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48463
Tractors Owned: 1956 FAST HITCH CUB
MODEL 10 CUB TRAILER
2 1950 Demonstrators

Postby Clem » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:22 pm

When I get a new Cub in the shop , I assume that it is not going to charge anytime soon and with all of the other stuff to do with them, the first thing I install is my temporary ground cable with a cut-off.

Tip: Make a ground cable with a cutoff to keep for testing purposes. I leave mine on until I'm sure things are good. After that it is back to the original set-up for my Cubs.

THe one I bought is from Walmart and looks like the one here.

http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/Aut ... 273645.htm

pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pete1941 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:38 am

Dan, my battery cables have the soldered on ends already. I saw these at Wal-mart but couldn't figure how I could use it in a permanent set-up. Maybe you can explain for me???????????? Pete

Clem
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48463
Tractors Owned: 1956 FAST HITCH CUB
MODEL 10 CUB TRAILER
2 1950 Demonstrators

Postby Clem » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:11 pm

flyawa
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 66701
Tractors Owned: .
1 1948 Cub
2 1950 Cubs
1 1951 Cub
1 1952 Cubs
1942 Farmall H
1939 Ford 9N
1930 John Deere D
1941 John Deere B
1948 Allis Chalmers C
1956 Farmall 400
1945 Chrysler Airport Tug
Location: KS, Fort Scott (S.E. Kansas - Home of the people of the south wind; the Kansa)

Postby flyawa » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:14 pm

Just ordered a case.

Thanks Terry!
"Maintain thine airspeed lest the Earth rise up and smite thee"

grunt
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 51557
eBay ID: spec [77]
Tractors Owned: 52 cub
40ish Farmall M with JD bucket

Postby grunt » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:23 am

Don McCombs wrote:Check here.

[site removed]

Is this one the right one on that site
Part Number: 1153
The newbee just wants to do it right the first time. :wink:

pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pete1941 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:35 am

Grunt, and all others that are interested in the filter numbers, 1153 is the correct number for our filters for the Cubs.

You can't beat the service from Terry Reamer, ordered 6 filters Friday around lunch time, and yesterday, Monday, the postal lady drove up the driveway with the filters. Now that is what I call service with a capital S. Thanks Terry for your prompt service, unbelieveable. Pete

Rick Spivey
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 29518

Postby Rick Spivey » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:37 pm

Alright, here's my testimonial.

But it comes at great expense. If Terry wasn't a great guy I would never tell this one on myself.

After reading this post, I decided to order a dozen filters for the Cubs. Today, I got a small package, and my first thought was that it seemed too small for a dozen filters, so I carefully opened the outer box, and found 5 short white boxes inside.

Not large enough for an 1153, I said. So knowing I was going to need to return them, I carefully just opened one end of one small box, and sure enough, it looked like the top of a spin-on filter.

So I got on e-mail and sent Terry a note, figuring he would check into it tomorrow. Within 10 minutes I had a reply asking for some more info. So I responded, and Terry was back within 10 more minutes saying that my order would ship tomorrow, and he didin't know what this box was...

So to help Terry out, I opened it all up a bit further.

Great looking Gas Caps they're sending out now, aren't they????

Ordered them back in February, forgot all about them.

Told Terry to call off the dogs; man he was really on top of it though, much better than I was.....

Y'all give Terry a call sometime when you need filters, okay?
Rick Spivey
'52 Cub ("Great Personality") 148xxx
'48 Cub with FH ("Gunny Cub") 38xxx
'57 Lambretta (a slow work in progress)
'74 Triumph TR6 (Mama's toy)

pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pete1941 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:34 am

Hey Rick, you missed a little spot of egg, just beneath your left......................................heheheheheheeh, the devil made me do it..Thats, funny, Pete