1957 Cub and Implements

Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:17 pm

Hey, Guys:

I finally got the Cub and implements home from Michigan that I bought on eBay last February. We couldn't get to them then because of deep snow, but got along OK this time. I spent about half of today getting it running, changing oil and filter, tightening loose things, etc. It sounds pretty good, no smoke and no expensive noises. It came with fast hitch, a breaking plow, snow/grader blade, cultivators, 4 new tires, and a McKee 2-stage snowblower. That snowblower looks way too big for a Cub. I'd say it weighs about 400-500 pounds, and I doubt that a Cub has enough HP to run it through the usual Indiana wet snow. I may try to adapt it to my Farmall 300 this fall. It looks about the right size for that.

The Cub has sat outside a fair amount and needs cosmetics, for sure. I'd post pictures, but haven't learned how yet. It's on my list of things to do this year. Just wanted to say I'm really pleased so far with my "new" Cub (No. 5 for me).

Steve.43

Re: 1957 Cub and Implements

Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:45 pm

Congrats Steve! Send me the pictures i can post them for you. john

Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:22 pm

Get them pics up there. I can't wait.....

Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:33 pm

John:

I just sent the pics.

Thanks,
Steve

Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:06 pm

There you go Steve.

John

Looking good :big afro:

Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:34 am

My Dad bought a Cub new in 1957. He bought some implements for it,including the snow blade in front. I need the bolt-the hardened steel bolt that runs though the blade lift parts and runs through the tractor housing to "tie" everything together.Without that bolt you cant raise or lower the blade. Do you have the specs on that bolt,and any links where I can get one? Thanks alot!

Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:47 am

Here is a link to the bolt...

http://www.tmtractor.com/new/gb/012fp.htm

You also need these...

http://www.tmtractor.com/new/gb/393fp.htm

Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:05 pm

Steve.43 wrote:That snowblower looks way too big for a Cub

Is the blower self-powered? If so, then power shouldn't be a problem, just whether you can go slow enough for the blower to clear itself. If it is not self-powered, then it could be a problem. IH did not make a blower available for the cultivision cub; only for the number series lo-boys.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:45 pm

bythepond88 wrote:.... IH did not make a blower available for the cultivision cub; only for the number series lo-boys.

From a post a couple years ago. http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=75610
Don McCombs wrote:Actually, there was a Cub specific snowblower produced by Danco and sold by IH. It used an auxiliary motor to drive the blower.

Photo courtesy Wisconsin Historical Society

Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:09 pm

I like your cub, it will clean up easy.