This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Noooo... What can't be? Its actually a 52???

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
markwayne
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24550
Tractors Owned: 1952 F Cub

Noooo... What can't be? Its actually a 52???

Postby markwayne » Thu May 01, 2008 1:09 pm

:shock: I was looking over the threads about brakes and it dawned on me mine did not have the 'big hole' in the housing to accommodate the toggles. So I wandered out to the end of the row where I left it last night after taking a few plow rounds and took a look. Sure enough it didn't. So I took another look at the SN and was shocked to see it was not what I had remembered it was all these years. The SN starts with 151 not 18 something as I had thought for years. I remembered someone maybe my grandfather telling me it was a 54, so when I had looked up the SN way back it jived so I didn't think about it further. Oh yea I had pressure washed it the other day, first time it had been washed in 20 years and that was with a hose so.... Well now I am the proud owner of my grandfathers 52 Farmall Cub that he replaced the mule with. You know he bought it from a small dealer in Yancyville, NC thats been gone for many years so it could have sat for a couple years unsold. :wink:
grandpops 52 Fcub #151651, 193 plow, 144 cultivators, 174 runner planter, Type C Duplex hopper, 53 Fertilizer Unit, front/mid mount blade, IH but non Cub 4 foot disc, non IH peg tooth harrow, and one of the infamous and much maligned belt pulleys.

schmibm
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Noooo... What can't be? Its actually a 52???

Postby schmibm » Thu May 01, 2008 6:51 pm

Cubs were much nicer than the mules. At least the exhaust smells better.
1949 Project Cub
1955 Cub Lo-Boy "Jack"
1957 Cub Lo-Boy "Mac"
1957 Cub with 5' Woods Belly Mower "James"
24 other Farmalls A thru SMTA.

Return to “Farmall Cub”