This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hydraulic Pump Retainer Nut

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Hydraulic Pump Retainer Nut

Postby Paul_NJ » Tue May 11, 2004 9:46 pm

When I dropped the pan during my first inspection of the 51 Cub I bought last year, I discovered a thin nut and a tabbed washer lying in the sludge. Now, midway through a restoration, I finally got around to pulling the Touch Control hydraulic pump, and sure enough, there was no nut on the end of the threaded shaft the gear rides upon. The gear fell off when I pulled the pump out.

What is the best way to prevent the nut from coming off again? Should I use Loktite? Get a second nut to back it up? I'd appreciate any recommedations. Thanks
51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue May 11, 2004 10:42 pm

Use plenty of loktight and fold the tabed washer over a flat on the nut.

Bill
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby Bill » Wed May 12, 2004 8:19 pm

there should be a tab on the inside of the washer that fits in the keyway, and tabs on the outside one of which will bend over nut. this is the way I found mine.

Bill