This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

1948 Cub Plowing Snow PICS

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
enfield249
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49341
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub

1948 Cub Plowing Snow PICS

Postby enfield249 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:30 am

I thought you guys might like to see some Cub snow plowing action. Yes?

This is my first winter with my Cub, and I am pleased to report that it's running great and working out splendidly. I was not the one who did the restoration on it, so in the back of my head was always the concern that I got sold a lemon with nice paint. Seems to be going well. Any winter specific things to keep an eye on? How often do you guys check your coolant levels, tranny fluid levels, hydrolic, etc. Thanks again for everyone's help when I was getting ready to set the wheels to a narrower setting. My dad made some blocks to put on the front pivot point, and aside from the heavy lifting, everything went fine.
Last edited by enfield249 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When I die take the crank from the wall,
Start up my Cub, drive her out of her stall,
Tie my bones to her seat, turn our faces to the west,
And we'll ride the prairie that we love the best"

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: 1948 Cub Plowing Snow

Postby Rudi » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:16 pm

Great pics :D Very nice Cub 8) :D Looks like you had some good seat time :{_}: and the blade looks sharp.

One thing you may need to check is how strong is your antifreeze/coolant. Should be at least -34F or so.. If you do not have a hydrometer, would suggest you get one. IF you need to add a little, then do so, but run the Cub get it up to operating temp and run it for a while to ensure the coolant mixes well. This would apply to either straight or premixed coolant. You could search Coolant to see some of the other threads of which there have been a few lately.

Routine maintenance I would think.. doesn't really depend on season in my view. Ellie runs about the same amount of hours summer or winter and each in between, and I just check the fluids on a somewhat regular basis.. -- what seems comfortable to you I would imagine :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Howerpower
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30519
eBay ID: fazman97
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub "Pappy"

Re: 1948 Cub Plowing Snow

Postby Howerpower » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:54 pm

Great pics!! :D Good to see a 48 plowin some snow...makes me hopeful! 8) As I stated in a thread the other day...sure does make a Georgia Boy want some snow! :{_}: