This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Front Wheel Weight Placement

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Slappy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Front Wheel Weight Placement

Postby Slappy » Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:26 am

I was looking through one of the Farmall books (I forget which) and came across a picture of a Cub with the front wheel weights placed on the back of the wheel. I know that this would be a little more work to get them off or on as the tire and rim would also have to be removed. That being said, I wonder if the reverse placement - the weight under the spindle instead of to the outside - might not make steering a little easier. I know that my Cub takes more work to steer with the weights on than off. Any thoughts?

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Matt Kirsch » Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:19 am

The owner's manual describes attaching up to three sets of front wheel weights: Two on the outside, and one on the inside of the wheel. The inside weights are a different design from the looks of it, and are heavier.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:21 am

The inside weights are a different part from the outside ones. I believe they weigh a little more, but am not taking the time to look it up this morning. You will probably find your current weights will not fit over the hubs.