It starts out small

Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:50 pm

8) Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I've missed you all. My computer smoked and I cant aford anotherone. So I steeling time on my neices.
:roll: Well it started with a radiator flush. looking into the radiator it was bubbling bad head gasket, hopefully. Well now the heads off might as well lap the valves. Looking into the cylinders no taper but they were bult up with rust ball honed it above the pistones. Well you know their was a lot of blow by maybe a broken ring better pull the pistons. Not broken but the end gap in the bores was .040-.066 need rings. Boy those bolt are hard to get at at the back of the oil pan with the engine on the trans. Going carzy because she has been down 4 weeks and I haven't gotten the time to get the parts yet. :oops:

Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:56 pm

Welcome back Cowboy! Might as well check those bearings while you're this far.

Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:59 pm

Yea, that is the way it starts for most of us . My 49 stared I started out just to repair an oil seal on a final drive and 5 monthes later I'm rolling out a nice restoration. That I don't want to mow with because it takes too long to clean it up when I'm done. So I take it to Cub Fest at farmer's and get all dirty. Good luck. Steve

Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:13 pm

I started out to change a fan belt.

Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:04 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:I started out to change a fan belt.

:lol: :lol: :lol: John,, that's one tough fan belt!!! :lol: :lol:

Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:04 am

It was like the proctologist that was tired of his job and decided to take a course in small engine repair. His final test was to take an engine apart and reassemble it. The instructor gave him 150% on the exam. 50% for disassembling it correctly, 50% for reassembling correctly, and 50% for doing it all through the muffler.

Now John.....

Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:36 am

People don't know what to think when I'm in the floor laughing. Your sense of humor does bring out the best in us. BTW, the serpentine treads on those round things is pretty impressive. (Tire tread for those of us who are thinking challenged).

Rick