This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

5 weeks and counting

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 5 weeks and counting

Postby Cecil » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:20 am

Ed and I and possibly DirtDevil will be in Wednesday afternoon and our services will be available. If needed I can bring a sunshade with me.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:48 am

If all goes as planned, Rosie and I plan to arrive Wednesday so I can start to pester Cecil early. No really, we hope to be there later on Wednesday so we can help out with any last minute set up on Thursday morning. We will have two 10x20 canopies, several 8' tables and a bunch of chairs (none of which are made of wood :lol: ). After hosting the Bash for three years I know how it is when it comes to finding seating. Chairs are always a welcome sight.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Postby Yogie » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:38 pm

Bigdog. I'll be making a couple runs up your way about the first of the month to drop off tractors so if anythings needed just let me know. I'll be in touch before then so if you have anything in the tire dept. needing work I'll bring it back on the first trip and take care of it. I'd like to see Miss Daisy with some new shoes before the Tug. :wink:
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

aftermac
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48174
Tractors Owned: 1950 Farmall Cub (iCub)

Postby aftermac » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:13 pm

Bigdog wrote:
aftermac wrote:I'd also like to know if there is anything I should bring for working on the tractor?

Is there anything we can bring to the Tug in general, to contribute?

In general, I'm looking forward to learning as much as possible! :D

Aftermac - I suggest that you bring whatever parts you think you will need for your tractor.
As far as in general - most of the meals are pot luck or carry-in type meals. Or, if you wish, there will be a donation jar where you can make a monetary donation to help defray expenses. Once you attend a cub fest you quickly learn how things work. Ask anyone who has hosted an event and they will tell you that most folks are more than happy to help out in any way that they can.

Thanks, Bigdog! I picked up a carb gasket and an oil pan gasket ( that leaks too! :) ) today at my local IH dealer. I hope nothing else in the carb needs to be replaced... it worked just fine before I tore the tractor apart (and cleaned the outside of the carb by soaking it in carb cleaner). Call me optimistic. :)

I have a front tire I'd like to mount also. Actually, I'd like to mount it before the tug, so it might not even be an issue. It's a trailer tire and doesn't match the other side, but the one on there now needs to be replaced. There is a gaping hole in it, and this one will have to do until I can afford new tires.

If there isn't time to get to all of this stuff, that's fine. I'm just trying to think of everything that *needs* to be done. :) I'm really just looking forward to working next to and learning from you guys!

I'm sure my wife will come up with something that we can pass at the potluck, plus donate otherwise. I couldn't begin to imagine what it takes to host a Cubfest!
Jason

10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43783

Postby 1541 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:25 pm

If I can round up transportation, I can bring my non-runner for a shop project.

Doug
Buckeye Cub Tug
July 26 & 27, 2024
Somerset, Ohio

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:10 pm

1541 wrote:If I can round up transportation, I can bring my non-runner for a shop project.

Doug

Doug, how far are you from Bigdog?
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 1541 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:13 pm

I am 30 miles east about a 45 minute drive.

Doug
Buckeye Cub Tug
July 26 & 27, 2024
Somerset, Ohio

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:17 pm

1541 wrote:I am 30 miles east about a 45 minute drive.

Doug

My open trailer will be there and available if you want to use it.

Circle of Safety

10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 1541 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:29 pm

Thanks Bill, I think we can make that work.

Doug
Buckeye Cub Tug
July 26 & 27, 2024
Somerset, Ohio

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Postby Yogie » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:06 pm

aftermac wrote:
Bigdog wrote:
aftermac wrote:I'd also like to know if there is anything I should bring for working on the tractor?

Is there anything we can bring to the Tug in general, to contribute?

In general, I'm looking forward to learning as much as possible! :D

I have a front tire I'd like to mount also. Actually, I'd like to mount it before the tug, so it might not even be an issue. It's a trailer tire and doesn't match the other side, but the one on there now needs to be replaced. There is a gaping hole in it, and this one will have to do until I can afford new tires.

Aftermac, let me do a little looking around the shop. I've been taking off several trailer tires the past few weeks and I might have something to hold you over... :wink:
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Postby Yogie » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:09 pm

1541 wrote:I am 30 miles east about a 45 minute drive.

Doug

I didn't know there was a closer member to me than Bigdog. That would put you about Athens or maybe Coolville. :D
Ben Franklin

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:04 pm

1541 wrote:Thanks Bill, I think we can make that work.

Doug

Let me know how you want to do it. I plan to gwt there Wednesday evening. I will also be there a week or two ahead of time with a Cub and a load of tables, chairs and canopies. I will be dropping the trailer and leaving it.

Circle of Safety

aftermac
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48174
Tractors Owned: 1950 Farmall Cub (iCub)

Postby aftermac » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:23 pm

Yogie wrote:
aftermac wrote:

Aftermac, let me do a little looking around the shop. I've been taking off several trailer tires the past few weeks and I might have something to hold you over... :wink:

Thanks, Yogie! Here's some pictures of my situation... the first is a picture of my bad tire with the tube bulging out the side. The spare trailer tire I have is leaning against it. The second picture is my good front tire that is mounted on the opposite side. The two tires I have on there now don't exactly match, but the one obviously needs to be replaced. My other concern is tubes. The tires seem to be holding air now, but I've also put a bit of fix-a-flat in them. :) I hope to be able to get new tires next year, but I don't feel safe driving with the bad tire... wouldn't take much to destroy that tube!

Jason

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:34 pm

Yogie wrote:
WisconsinCubMan wrote:Hey there Bigdog! Thanks for posting.

I will be there on Thursday either late afternoon or early evening. I am so psyched as it is the first time I will get to see several of the folks that I met for the first time at Cubfest when I got Merlin! No tractor with me this time as I will be flying in to Columbus. I LOVE SHOP TIME and am down to help with just about any possible troubleshooting that comes up. Looking forward to helping folks with their tractors!!!

I hope someone will let me use their hot rod...er...um...cub to pull at the tug... 'Twouldn't be as much fun if I couldn't pull!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Mike ole buddy, were talking the one and only CUB TUG here.
I did a little searching through the atlas tonight running west across the Mason Dixon to the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers and it seems you've fallen in that Ahaaa Northern Sector. I've looked all around and this is the best I can do for ya this year.
Since it's a diesel you'll probably have to pull in the exhibition class with Gary Dotson, he might spot you a few feet since it's green.... :lol: :wink:

Looking forward to having a good time with great friends. :||): :{_}:

Yogie I think that is an excellant ride for Mike :D
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:23 pm

Boss, you have seen me in person! You, of all people would know that I would BUST that tractor in a New York minute!!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

Return to “Farmall Cub”