This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

5 weeks and counting

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 5 weeks and counting

Postby Yogie » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:47 pm

aftermac wrote:
Yogie wrote:
aftermac wrote:

I have a front tire I'd like to mount also. Actually, I'd like to mount it before the tug, so it might not even be an issue. It's a trailer tire and doesn't match the other side, but the one on there now needs to be replaced. There is a gaping hole in it, and this one will have to do until I can afford new tires.

Aftermac, let me do a little looking around the shop. I've been taking off several trailer tires the past few weeks and I might have something to hold you over... :wink:

Thanks, Yogie! Here's some pictures of my situation... the first is a picture of my bad tire with the tube bulging out the side. The spare trailer tire I have is leaning against it. The second picture is my good front tire that is mounted on the opposite side. The two tires I have on there now don't exactly match, but the one obviously needs to be replaced. My other concern is tubes. The tires seem to be holding air now, but I've also put a bit of fix-a-flat in them. :) I hope to be able to get new tires next year, but I don't feel safe driving with the bad tire... wouldn't take much to destroy that tube!

I'm sure I could come up with a couple tubes Aftermac and some good tires... Just bring your rims along and we'll get it fixed up. :wink:
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

aftermac
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48174
Tractors Owned: 1950 Farmall Cub (iCub)

Postby aftermac » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:07 am

Yogie wrote:I'm sure I could come up with a couple tubes Aftermac and some good tires... Just bring your rims along and we'll get it fixed up. :wink:

Thanks a lot Yogie! That would be great! :D It will be nice not having to worry about a little stick or rock popping the tube and stranding me. I'll make sure to put the rims on the front of the tractor so I don't forget them! :lol:
Jason

Thackery
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Thackery » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:21 am

Hey Barnyard, Throw my (not wood) camping chair in the trailer would you.
I don't think I can make it until Sat. morning due to work.

Looking forward to it.
Wish I could come down early enough to see some demonstrations and troubleshooting instruction.

Bigdog, if you need anything brought down Saturday morning that didn't get thought of until Friday night just shoot me a PM and I'll bring it along.

Thackery Doug
1953 Cub, Sickle Mower, 42" Mower, Cultivators, 189 Double Plow, 54 Blade, Grader Blade
1968 Lo-Boy w/1000 Loader, 1957 Lo-Boy w/FH, FH Disc, FH Potato Plow.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:24 am

Thackery wrote:Hey Barnyard, Throw my (not wood) camping chair in the trailer would you.

Gary Dotson took it home. He said you aren't too far from him.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Thackery
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Thackery » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:44 am

OK Gary's got it, that's cool. Just don't tell my wife that my gift chair is out traveling the Cub circuit.
See ya at the tug.

Thackery Doug
1953 Cub, Sickle Mower, 42" Mower, Cultivators, 189 Double Plow, 54 Blade, Grader Blade
1968 Lo-Boy w/1000 Loader, 1957 Lo-Boy w/FH, FH Disc, FH Potato Plow.

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines

Postby Jeff Silvey » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:07 pm

OK Brother BD. Janice & myself will be their early some day in the late week or maybe in the middle. We are lookin forward to this time of year.
Be SAFE
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Postby Yogie » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:09 pm

aftermac wrote:
Yogie wrote:I'm sure I could come up with a couple tubes Aftermac and some good tires... Just bring your rims along and we'll get it fixed up. :wink:

Thanks a lot Yogie! That would be great! :D It will be nice not having to worry about a little stick or rock popping the tube and stranding me. I'll make sure to put the rims on the front of the tractor so I don't forget them! :lol:

Sounds like your bringing a puller this year... :wink:
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

aftermac
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby aftermac » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:26 pm

Yogie wrote:
aftermac wrote:Thanks a lot Yogie! That would be great! :D It will be nice not having to worry about a little stick or rock popping the tube and stranding me. I'll make sure to put the rims on the front of the tractor so I don't forget them! :lol:

Sounds like your bringing a puller this year... :wink:

Well, I'm bringing my Cub, at least... remains to be seen how much of a puller it is! :lol:
Jason

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:02 pm

Just getting this back to the top ,
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:32 pm

Things are looking good for Dad and I coming down friday. Dad's truck has only been running on five cylinders since the last time I went up north. Finally got it fixed yesterday one of the coils in the coil pack went bad and I had no spark on #3 cylinder. I was worried I would have to try to mount BigDogs cultivators on top of the Festiva as they sure will not fit inside the car.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

aftermac
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby aftermac » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:55 pm

Bigdog, you're already aware of my final drive issues, but I thought I would add a post to this thread. It looks like I will need shims on the left side bull gear to resolve the 1/4" of play that wore through the pan. If you could add this to the schedule I would really appreciate it. Yogie suggested fixing it on Friday. I'll be arriving on Thursday afternoon.

I realize I've already made a few requests, so I hope I'm not asking for too much. I intend to work when I get down there too! :) This final drive issue was really unexpected. I intended to spend an hour doing some general maintenance and it turned in to a much bigger project.
Jason

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:02 pm

aftermac wrote:Bigdog, you're already aware of my final drive issues, but I thought I would add a post to this thread. It looks like I will need shims on the left side bull gear to resolve the 1/4" of play that wore through the pan. If you could add this to the schedule I would really appreciate it. Yogie suggested fixing it on Friday. I'll be arriving on Thursday afternoon.

I realize I've already made a few requests, so I hope I'm not asking for too much. I intend to work when I get down there too! :) This final drive issue was really unexpected. I intended to spend an hour doing some general maintenance and it turned in to a much bigger project.

I expect you have bearing trouble with that much play

Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:35 am

aftermac wrote:Bigdog, you're already aware of my final drive issues, but I thought I would add a post to this thread. It looks like I will need shims on the left side bull gear to resolve the 1/4" of play that wore through the pan. If you could add this to the schedule I would really appreciate it. Yogie suggested fixing it on Friday. I'll be arriving on Thursday afternoon.

You're covered. We can start projects Thursday as well. Assuming there is help (and there should be) and something to do.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”