This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

3 point hitch...

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Not Mini Acres
10+ Years
10+ Years

fasthitch versus others

Postby Not Mini Acres » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:32 pm

Matt Kirsch wrote:Fast Hitch was/is a superior system in theory, but lost out because IH refused to license it to other tractor manufacturers, so it was never refined and perfected. IH's refusal to license Fast Hitch was probably in retaliation for Harry Ferguson or whoever not licensing the 3pt to IH, or wanting too high a royalty.

I was told, Henry Ford and Harry Ferguson had the patent to the three point, they would not let anyone else use it. That's why IH had the fast hitch and Allis the snap couple,John Deere an old draw bar. After the patent ran out, all the others went to it. I guess they (Allis,IH,and John deere)thought it was the system to use. I agree with Matt, the fast hitch WAS the superior hitch, especially in hooking up and dropping off equip. I have had the snap couple system and I myself, prefer it over a 3 pt. In 1950 Allis sold more tractors that year than all the others combined. I was just thinking , why don't we all think of perfecting the fast hitch or put our noodles together and come up with something new out of this world and get rich. lol!

Not Mini Acres
10+ Years
10+ Years

TSC and three point

Postby Not Mini Acres » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:26 pm

SundaySailor wrote:I've been able to find a good number of Cubs in my area - minus the implements. I know that in other areas, those implements abound, but here, not a chance! I've worked with a Super A with 3 pt hitch, and it was no problem at all hooking up. Versatile, implements can be found used just about anywhere, and you can find new ones for really reasonable prices at TSC. For example, a brand new scrape blade either for a compact tractor (Cub probably fits in just fine here) is $198.00 + tax. Normal size scrape blade from TSC is maybe two dollars more. Box blades are about $300.00 + tax - both for compact and standard size tractors. With having a 3 pt hitch, and especially with the seperate hydraulic cylinders being proposed, you are now mimicing the versatility of a Super A with 3 pt hitch. This makes the Cub a great updated utility tractor. Try going out and pricing a new JD 2210, Cub Cadet 5000 or 7000 series, Kubota BX series, and hold your breath for the sticker shock. I for one am going with the newly designed 3 pt hitch for my Cub. I've seen the photos, and I think this is one of the best things to come for the Cub in a long time. This is the proverbial "better built mouse trap". This mouse trap even has "ball-bearings". :D :) 8)

My Dos Pesos....
Hey now, Ive looked at TSC products and the price is right but the quality is junk. I guess a Little Ten HP Cub wouldn't tear them up but on a regular compact, junk. My Daddy always said "You get what you pay for!" And I think the "better mouse trap" belongs just there, on some mouse. I am not going to change my mind about a fast hitch. Also, the fast hitch implements from IH Cub, will be here another 57 years, where will TSC products be? Probably being melted down to make new beer cans.

Rick

Not Mini Acres
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: My Dos Pesos.....

Postby Not Mini Acres » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:35 pm

SundaySailor wrote:I've been able to find a good number of Cubs in my area - minus the implements. I know that in other areas, those implements abound, but here, not a chance! I've worked with a Super A with 3 pt hitch, and it was no problem at all hooking up. Versatile, implements can be found used just about anywhere, and you can find new ones for really reasonable prices at TSC. For example, a brand new scrape blade either for a compact tractor (Cub probably fits in just fine here) is $198.00 + tax. Normal size scrape blade from TSC is maybe two dollars more. Box blades are about $300.00 + tax - both for compact and standard size tractors. With having a 3 pt hitch, and especially with the seperate hydraulic cylinders being proposed, you are now mimicing the versatility of a Super A with 3 pt hitch. This makes the Cub a great updated utility tractor. Try going out and pricing a new JD 2210, Cub Cadet 5000 or 7000 series, Kubota BX series, and hold your breath for the sticker shock. I for one am going with the newly designed 3 pt hitch for my Cub. I've seen the photos, and I think this is one of the best things to come for the Cub in a long time. This is the proverbial "better built mouse trap". This mouse trap even has "ball-bearings". :D :) 8)

My Dos Pesos....

Rick

Hey, look at the quality of TSC products, my Daddy always said "You get what you pay for!" These might be OK on a ten hp Cub but I think a Cub could even tear them up. Fast Hitch equip. has been around 57 years and your TSC will be getting melted down for a better beer can in five -ten yrs. The better mouse trap,well, that's where it belongs; on a mouse .somewhere.

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:08 pm

YOU GUYS ARE RIGHT...WHAT WAS I THINKING :oops: ...I must have got a spoonful of BAD POSSUM or something :shock: ...SORRY GUYS :oops: !
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:49 pm

My daddy said you get what you pay for and you don't get much then.
He also told me the best I could do would be bad enough.
I like fast hitch I like 3-point I like green and I like red and I like Mr Wagner :lol: And I am really going to like billyandmillie's 3-point :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Young man for work, old man for advice

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Rick Prentice » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:52 pm

Yay Jim !
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Hudson » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:55 pm

I sure wish I had one of these. I would sell it on ebay and buy a couple 3 -point hitches from billyandmillie

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Hudson » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:22 pm

I been telling my wife about this. And how a Super C with 2 point fast hitch would try to run side ways with the front wheel cut to the left and the left wheel spinning and the left break smoking. All disk plows on a fast hitch or 3-point were that way. In Stanly County clay. And the bottom plows would drag up.
She said I can remember my daddy fighting the steering wheel and spinning the left rear and the plow running around.
Hey moderators we need some relief. A fellow was up in a tree with a Bob cat and told his buddy on the ground to shoot it and he said Bubba I might hit you and the fellow in the tree said shoot anyway one of us has got to have some relief!!!

Not Mini Acres
10+ Years
10+ Years

fasthitch versus others

Postby Not Mini Acres » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:17 pm

Jim Hudson wrote:I sure wish I had one of these. I would sell it on ebay and buy a couple 3 -point hitches from billyandmillie

Jim, if you had one of these and used it, you'ld never go back to three point anything! Love mine, wouldn't trade it for 100 3 pts.!!!!

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Hudson » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:29 pm

Believe me I have used them since they were brand new. I started driving Cubs in 1947. A new one. And stopped farming on a Farmall 400 Diesel with Torque Amplifier and a fast hitch. I liked the fast hitch. You could pick up your plow and go to lunch at 20 MPH. But if never ever did plow as easy are as pretty as a Old H-M plow. Or any plow of the same type. You know what a H-M plow is??? We left our tractors in the field with a cambells soup can over the muffler and walked home unless some one came after us.

Not Mini Acres
10+ Years
10+ Years

fasthitch versus others

Postby Not Mini Acres » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:57 pm

Jim Hudson wrote:Believe me I have used them since they were brand new. I started driving Cubs in 1947. A new one. And stopped farming on a Farmall 400 Diesel with Torque Amplifier and a fast hitch. I liked the fast hitch. You could pick up your plow and go to lunch at 20 MPH. But if never ever did plow as easy are as pretty as a Old H-M plow. Or any plow of the same type. You know what a H-M plow is??? We left our tractors in the field with a cambells soup can over the muffler and walked home unless some one came after us.

Sorry to say ,Jim, I do not know what a H-M plow is. Hope you tell me. I thought you was a young man from your posts. I guess you are as old as me or maybe even got a few on me. Nice to know you through this modern machinery(P/C) and always enjoy your posts on here. I might know what that plow is by another name, not sure, Thanks, Ernie

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Hudson » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:12 pm

I'm a young punk 66 years old. A H-M plow fits a Farmall H or Farmal M and it took a man and a boy about 30 minutes to put it on. And that was if you blocked it up just right when you took it off.

Not Mini Acres
10+ Years
10+ Years

H-M plow

Postby Not Mini Acres » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:19 pm

Jim Hudson wrote:I'm a young punk 66 years old. A H-M plow fits a Farmall H or Farmal M and it took a man and a boy about 30 minutes to put it on. And that was if you blocked it up just right when you took it off.

Isn't what I thought it was Jim. You got me by six years, guess I'd better start respecting you a little better since you're the Old Man, thought I was! lol

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:37 pm

Here is a picture of a smaller version on my cub. The ones for the H had 2 disks and the one on an M had 3 disks, and the disks were at least twice as big. Very interesting to install. As Jim said, blocing it up properly when you disconnected was very important.

You can see more pictures of it at http://home.centurytel.net/ejpuckett/disk%20plow/
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Not Mini Acres
10+ Years
10+ Years

Disc Plow

Postby Not Mini Acres » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:55 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Here is a picture of a smaller version on my cub. The ones for the H had 2 disks and the one on an M had 3 disks, and the disks were at least twice as big. Very interesting to install. As Jim said, blocing it up properly when you disconnected was very important.

You can see more pictures of it at http://home.centurytel.net/ejpuckett/disk%20plow/

Holy Cow, can that little Cub pull that! I have seen pictures of one with two disc., but, they weren't on the tractor and I thought they were a lot smaller. Is this monster a fast hitch? If so, I was going to try to find one but think maybe not now.lol. Thanks for your help! Ernie