This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hub Cap

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mwilke
10+ Years
10+ Years

Hub Cap

Postby mwilke » Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:44 pm

Yesterday I power washed the Cub I recently purchased and found a couple of intereting things-- one was that that the Mag cap is cracked. The other thing I found was that the right rear hub cap seems to be different from the left and is missing. The left is one is a solid cover bolted on to the housing. The right one looks as though it is a press in cover.

Why are they differtent? And can I get a new housig relatively easy for the right hub?

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:26 pm

It is supposed to be open.....the drive gear for a planter and/or a fertilizer attachment goes there. 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:40 pm

I have Coil Caps for J4 Mags if you need one the dealer will want close to $75.00 for one. I can do a lot better than that.
JON

mwilke
10+ Years
10+ Years

hub cap

Postby mwilke » Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:33 am

I was wondering if that wheel drove an implement. However. it seems like it would be a good idea to have a dust cap when not used. And I meant to ask if I could ge the dust cap rather than the "housig."

Thanks to both Cub-Bud and Jon for the responses.

Mike

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:38 am

Do not worry....there is a seal in there. :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:54 am

I took a rattle can cover and painted it red , Sliped in nice and tight. Helps keep the dirt out and looks good.

Return to “Farmall Cub”