This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Walk me through valve lapping

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Walk me through valve lapping

Postby Super A » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:53 am

OK, the urge has risen and my blood pressure has dropped enough that I am hoping to tinker on the Cub power plant on my 52R combine again. When last I worked on this, It was suggested I do a comp. test. Finally got around to buying a gauge, :roll: and so I'm gonna check to see how much pressure I'm building. Based on what I've been told, I expect that the valves need at least a good lapping. I know I'm thinking ahead and I'm trying not to jump to conclusions, but if this turns out to be the case, can y'all kinda break the process down for me? I've lapped valves in small engines before, basically I want to know if I can get away with doing it without any major disassembly. In short, can I just pull the head, release the keepers, and lap them in, and bolt it back together? What other stuff should I be on the lookout for?

Dumb it down for me folks, believe me I need it!
Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:12 pm

Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com