This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Splitting Stand

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Splitting Stand

Postby Dan England » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:50 am

Brent: Just wanted to let you know that construction of the splitting stand is now complete. It won't win a prize for beauty. I did all the work except welding. My metal working tools consist of a hacksaw and a small drill press. While it isn't pretty, it is very functional and will make the job of splitting a Cub much easier. Thanks for providing pictures and measurements of your stand. Dan

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Kodiak » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:03 am

Dan,
Could you send me the info on Brent's stand. I need to make one. I will need it this comming winter when I plan to replace the transmission housing on my "48".

Thanks
Kodiak
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Postby Brent » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:18 am

Kodiak,

Her's a picture of my stand. I don't have the measurements right now but with the picture you should be able to take your own. I later welded 4" swivel casters to the bottom of each leg.

[img][img]http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL758/2886648/5823280/79885836.jpg[/img]

Image[/img]

[img][img]http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL758/2886648/5823280/79935853.jpg[/img][/img]
Always try the easiest thing first.

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Splitting Stand

Postby Dan England » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:05 am

Kodiak: I still have info on measurements which Brent provided. Leg length-- 33 3/4". Measurements for mounting holes from ground to center of 5/8" holes are as follow: From ground to lower mount hole--27 7/8" From ground to upper mount hole---31 1/4" Width of stand from inside of leg one to inside of leg two---14 5/8". It is a good idea to check these measurements on your tractor as distances from ground to mounting holes may be affected by condition of tires (deep bars vs worn smooth) and degree of tire inflation. However, I believe that you will find measurements for your cub will be very similar to the numbers which Brent provided. These are measurements for attachment at the front of the torque tube. I see, from Brent's pictures, that he has also built a stand for attachment to the final drives. This would also be a good stand to have but I don't have measurements for that one. Dan

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Kodiak » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:19 pm

Thanks very much. Looks great!
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Return to “Farmall Cub”