This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Ongoing 1st and reverse.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Ongoing 1st and reverse.

Postby Patbretagne » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:26 pm

BigDog you kindly gave me some wisdom to drain out the gunk and refill the gearbox with Kerosene a couple of times giving it a whirl time to time.

Done this, and left it overnight for good measure, it's migrated first into the transmission, then through the "reinforced" RH sort of trumpet housing and fallen on the ground all oily next to the RH back wheel.

Does this mean I need new Gearbox to transmission box oil seal and output oilseals?

Whilst asking the RH axle bearing on both No1 and No2 do not have a cover as on the LH side is this normal or is it something missing?

Thanks Pat

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:45 pm

Patrick, the leakage you describe is likely from over-filling for the flush. It is not uncommon for the system, even with 90 wt. gear lube, to leak when over-full. The seals are intended to prevent leakage from splash-lubrication. That's not to say that the seals are not worn and may need replaced but unless there was evidence of prior leaking, I would not concern myself with it now.
As far as the second issue. The right hand axle has no cover. The end of the axle is exposed to allow mounting of the seed plate drive gear for the planter attachment.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Patbretagne » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:53 pm

OK thanks on both counts,
Pat

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Patbretagne » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:19 am

Understanding is a great thing, Thanks Bigdog, I now realise that the Gearbox and Transmission, although looking separate are the same box, hence only one capacity 3.5pts (american pints ?!)
Your description has come alive. It's filled with new oil and is going off with the belly finger mower to do some bramble cutting later.
Pat