This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

engine serial/casting nimber

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

engine serial/casting nimber

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:10 am

On the cub I am taking to cubfest the engine serial number and casting date code on the block appear not to match. General consensus was thet the stamping or casting was not clear. I have buffed them off, and cannot see any thing indicating other than my original findings. any suggestions?

If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:14 pm

John,

This doesn't help solve the mystery but the serial number indicates the engine began life as a power plant on a different machine. My Cubs with power plant engines have numbers beginning with MCUBM. The original tractor engines begin with FCUBM.

The serial can jibe with the 1949 casting number if you assume the two trailing digits of the serial number were never stamped. 2611XX would fit 1949 production if you also assume the engine numbers outran the tractor serial numbers... which they did.

Interesting mystery!
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:32 pm

The serial stamping in the upper left actually looks like there is another mark in front of the MCUBM when you get up close, but can't tell what it is. Below it lighter (barely showing in picture) is FCUBM.

Last 2 didgits could be missing, but I looked with a magnifyin glass for marks and couldn't see any. They must have been missed completely, not just a light stamping.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:42 pm

I guess My baler engine is a strange one also cause its serial# starts with FCUBM.
Then came Bronson

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:06 pm

johnbron wrote:I guess My baler engine is a strange one also cause its serial# starts with FCUBM.

Maybe some PO traded engines between his baler and tractor and you and John bought them some time later? :wink: :lol: :lol:
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)