This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Kudzu's Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:07 pm

Don't the IH/Danco C3 and Woods 59 use a 6 inch pto pulley.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:20 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Don't the IH/Danco C3 and Woods 59 use a 6 inch pto pulley.

John. Just went out and checked mine. Your right. My Woods 59 works just fine with its 6" pulley !
Ron

Kudzu
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kudzu » Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:15 pm

- In the picture of your Woods deck, the rear mounting parts are inverted, they need to be flipped over before it is clamped to the drawbar brackets. I mention this in case you came up with some creative way to mount it, resulting in the loose belt.

Jim, when I read you reply something occured to me. But I will come back to that in a moment. I searched and found a couple of old posts that mentioned a belt length of 136". I just put the Cub on the trailer and took it with me to my favorite Auto Parts. They looked up the belt I had it was 144" long. No wonder it wouldn't fit!

They gave me a Gates 136" belt ($35 +/- by the way) and I took it out and put on. It was obvious that this would adjust out. After throwing the belt off 4 or 5 times I finally found out just how tight was tight enough.

Mower seems to work fine with the 6" pulley. I see where a couple say that is what is on theirs. So I am not sure what to do now. I must say I was surprised that it mowes as well as it does. I wouldn't have though that with the small amount of HP.

Back to Jims comments. If I mounted the mower deck as it is shown in the photo I bet that 144" belt would fit! That would put the idler pullies farther back and need a longer belt. I was thinking maybe this was spare belt that my dad never used but now I wonder if he got it with the mower mounted wrong and hence the longer belt?

Thanks for all the help. I am sure I will have more questions but so far I am pretty impressed with the Cub.

PS Thanks for the values. I was suprised and found several on Ebay so that helps give me an idea. As I said, I need a fair price. This is not for tax purposes and I think I have a good idea now.

Kudzu
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kudzu » Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:45 pm

Just checked the serial number and it is 4136. So if I read this correctly this is a 1947 model, the first year?

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:15 pm

Yup
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”