This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

3 pt hitch for Cub ??

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Gator809
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70816
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 3 pt hitch for Cub ??

Postby Gator809 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:30 am

I have a cub with a 1pt fast hitch and a 140 with a 2pt fast hitch/3 point hitch.

Having used both i ll say both have their merits.

A cub with a fast hitch is a easy bolt on because it was designed from to from the factory, and the the fast hitch implements are sized for a cub. Using a fast hitch is easy because it is designed to work together with a cub as a package. Down side is availability of fast hitch implements in your area.

The 3 pt is nice in that a LOT more 3 pt implements are available everywhere. With the sub compact tractor market their are a lot of smaller implements available. But you have to be careful to size them to the cub, from a weight and power standpoint. While a 3point made for a cub won't have draft control, a lot of tractors don't have it, and really only affects a few types of operations. Pto differences. Well yea, that's always been a bear with a cub. It would have been a million times better if the cub had a 540 pto standard IMHO just to match the industry standard.

Basically it's your tractor do whatever makes you happy and will work best for you.

Hank
"Tiger" 1974 International Cub
"Littl' Smokey" 104 Cub Cadet
"Red Light" 1952 Farmall Cub with 151 disc plow
"Lucky" 1970 International 140

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:54 pm

When its time to fall plow, it normally is hard/dry here so you do whatever it takes to plow,---CAN'T wait on anything!!!
On the fast hitch thingy,-- that's the first thing I junk off a cub when I get one!---NO fast hitch stuff around here, so you would still have to make it and it's way easier to make/use/hook and unhook 3-pt. stuff!
All of (3 of them ) my cub factory plows have 14" bottoms on them and 1 cub wont pull them 6 feet before cubs die or spin out! 2 cubs chained together might pull one, but I don't have room or time to mess around with them!---cub does o.k. in the smaller gardens but for the big areas I use the WD-45 and either the 3-bottom snap coupler plow or the 4- bottom semi-mount made for the 45 tractor. thanks; sonny

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:11 pm

Sonny, just give me a holler the next time you get ready to junk a fast hitch :-)
Thomas

Gator809
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70816
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Gator809 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:32 pm

I've got hard river bottom clay, its stopped a 50HP ford with a single 16" bottom plow. As in it either powered out or drug it down to its knees, no matter the gear. I have a layer of plow pan around 2 foot deep that is so hard that when I rented a 3pt post hole digger, it didn't wear the carbide teeth out, it actually wore a new bevel on the bottom, sharpening them. Its taken years of work with a disc plow, subsoiler, and tons of organic matter to get my garden to a point where a mold board can be used. Last time I plowed it I had chunks of clay off my disc plow that weighed in the 150# plus range

To say a fast hitch plow on a cub is worthless because it wont pull it in these conditions is well.......silly.

If your buying cubs locally with fast hitches, something is not right, it would make no sense to sell a tractor but no implements to fit.

Hank
"Tiger" 1974 International Cub
"Littl' Smokey" 104 Cub Cadet
"Red Light" 1952 Farmall Cub with 151 disc plow
"Lucky" 1970 International 140

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:54 pm

That's the way it is in this area!---the cubs I buy are trucked in from terbassy country and no equipment comes with them! They sell at a auction where I buy them cheeeep----(less than junk price)----most of them are actually junk, but I get them to run enough to garden with,---cheap price is partly because they have fast hitch stuck on them, and partly because they don't run at the auction!
I have only ever had 1 fast hitch plow and sold it.---the three I now have are regular mount and too hard for me to put on/take off in my condition so I don't mess around trying to use them!
I have part of a disk plow but no mounts with it.-----I have a big 3 bottom IH pull type plow but cant get it to go in the ground , so it just sits in the corner of the big garden and has 14 foot tall horse weeds growing up in it! thanks; sonny