Database Update 19 Jan 2015

Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:10 pm

Below are the latest versions of the databases. I've changed the numbering system a bit, with just the version date at the bottom right hand corner. Also added this time around is the Power Unit database. I think a lot of information has been gained through the collection of these numbers over the years, and I hope it will continue for some time to come.
Thanks everyone for their support with this! Please let me know if you have any questions about the information, and certainly if you spot errors (or you told me already and I didn't act on it). :oops:

Cub Database - 20 Jan 2015.pdf

LoBoy Database - 19 Jan 2015.pdf

Numbered Database - 19 Jan 2015.pdf

PowerUnit Database - 19 Jan 2015.pdf

Database PN Changes.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by RaymondDurban on Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Database Update 19 Jan 2015

Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:06 am

Again, a big THANK YOU, Raymond for creating and maintaining this database. What a great source of info!! :coffee:

Re: Database Update 19 Jan 2015

Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:45 am

Stanton wrote:Again, a big THANK YOU, Raymond for creating and maintaining this database. What a great source of info!! :coffee:

:Dito: :Dito: :Dito:

Re: Database Update 19 Jan 2015

Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:00 pm

I've updated the Cub Database file above due to an oversight on my part! (sorry Peter!) All the other versions remain unchanged.

A lot have asked me what is the point of collecting and compiling this information, and how it benefits the community as a whole. Since this project started some years back with Trent McPeak, we have learned quite a bit about the production of these machines, the timeline of changes, and put to rest quite a few folklore's. Here are just a few of the major things that the database has helped to uncover:

- We know that without a doubt, not all tractors produced during the "Demonstrator" era were painted white, and that there was quite possibly three different runs of white Cubs. The percentage of White to Red during this timeframe are approximately 60/40 respectively.
- We know that not all '47 Cubs were "Circle Cubs", and that the decal change on the tractors coincided with the IH decision to discontinue the decals almost immediately. The SN range of this change has been narrowed down to around tractor SN 3900 +/- 400.
- We know that without a doubt, not all late model tractors were painted Red, nor were all the '79 models Red. We also know that the hood changes during these years didn't happen immediately, and that the stockpile was used up until depleted until the generator holes were eliminated in '78.
- We know that the Red with White hooded tractors were a real paint scheme from IH in '64.
- We know that the "Trimmed Dash" was not a fluke, and was a real part for some 1000 consecutive Cubs during the '48 production year.
- We know that the C-60 Power Units had their own SN identification tracking starting in '49, and by themselves cannot account for the tractor SN to engine SN separation that started in '47. Also, that the U-1/UC-60 SN's were tracked separately from the Baler/Combine engines. (so 3 different sets of SNs)
- We know that the "McCormick-Deering" decal change to "McCormick" did not coincide with the "Long Ear" to "Short Ear" dash.

There are many other smaller things that the information has helped to uncover or clear up. Many on this site still may be indifferent, and thats ok. I understand that probably most here are looking for help to get their tractor up and running to simply mow their lawn or tend to their garden. Being a member on this site does in no way insinuate that one has to participate with this project! But if you are willing to take a few minutes to write some numbers down, many here will appreciate it! :D

If anyone has sent information before, and would like to add more data, I'll take it at any time. If you sent information and it isn't included, please, please let me know! Don't be afraid to send me a PM to let me know I left your information out. It is hard to keep track to thousands and thousands of data points for the listing, especially from the numerous online sources, but accuracy is key to such databases as this, and I need your help to keep me honest.
Thanks to everyone again for letting me continue this. I hope you find it to be a good resource during your restorations and weekend projects!

Re: Database Update 19 Jan 2015

Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:19 pm

Great job Raymond!

Re: Database Update 19 Jan 2015

Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:45 am

I opened it up last night and wound up spending over an hour just looking at all the data. There is some very interesting info included there. The bigger it gets the better it will be. I know it is a lot of work.

Good job Raymond!!

Re: Database Update 19 Jan 2015

Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:46 pm

Raymond,

I agree it is a wealth of info and very interesting-glad you are keeping it going.

Just curious, do you know how many total you have documented in each category?

thanks- Tim

Re: Database Update 19 Jan 2015

Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:43 pm

Sorry for the late reply Tim! Was just inputting some numbers into the database and remembered your question.

Currently there are 1424 lines in the Farmall Cub spreadsheet, 234 in the LoBoy, 103 in the Numbered Series, and 68 in the Power Unit. I don't have a total number of individual entries, but there is generally at least two entries per line.

If anyone is interested in participating, send your data anytime!

Re: Database Update 19 Jan 2015

Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:50 pm

I also wanted to give you a big THANK YOU for all of the work that you have done for the Cub site, and everyone that loves these little tractors. On another note, I still have several cub to add to your list when things slow down enough to gather some numbers. Again Thank you!!!