Got This 64 Saturday

Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:25 am

Boss Hog says it is one of the last 6 volt Cubs produced. It has been convered to a 12 volt alternator.

When I found it the points,distrubutor cap, rotor button and battery were missing. I brought it home and replaced the points,condenser,cap and rotor button, set the points,cleaned the carb, put on a new carb gasket, drained the old gas, added fresh gas, primed it with oil and installed a new battery. Pulled the start lever and she cranked and I drove it off the trailer.

The hydraulics work fine,steering is tight,good oil pressure, it charges,starts easy and purrs.

It has been a good weekend! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Got This 64 Saturday

Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:31 am

Looks like a nice one, Tim. You're the "Boss Hog" of Georgia. 8) :lol:

Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:32 am

Nice looking cub and one of my favorite kinds :wink:

Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:37 am

Some folks have all the luck! Good snag.

Billy

Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:24 pm

Very nice. Did you get her at auction? I noticed the number on the number on the hood.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:11 pm

Looks like you got a good one Tim.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:54 pm

It came from an auction but I got it from the fellow that purchased it at an auction. He got the Cub and a bunch of 3 point hitch equipment.

Strange thing is the auction was within 20 miles of my home near Colquitt Ga. He came from north of Enterprise Alabama and bought the stuff hauled it 100 miles and then I got it and hauled it 100 miles back :lol: .

I was not aware their was an auction until he told me. I have got to do better with that.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:19 pm

Nice haul, Tim.

20 miles, eh? Where would that be exactly. Looks like we are both slipping. :lol:

Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:31 pm

Nice snag Tim, ya done good :D

Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:15 pm

Awesome find - Very happy for you and a bit jealous - well maybe a lot jealous.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:25 pm

These things are like tater chips. You can't just have one!

KT

Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:08 pm

Mr. Roy, the man said Colquitt Ga., but I did not hear anything about it. I wonder if he meant Cuthbert Ga???

Yes, they are like potato chips and boiled peanuts, you can never stop at one,or two,or three, or....well you know the rest! :lol:

Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:32 pm

WOW!!! Nice straight Cub with fast hitch to boot!! Great snag!!! You Rock!!!!Image

Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:47 am

Mighty Purdy..Always nice to save another one....Dave

Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:19 am

Good for you! I used to to say they are the rarest Cubs, till Boss Hog discovered the 'short run' of red and white 12V 64's. Still, very rare!

Auctions are hit or miss. The Cubs I have seen at them often are too much $$. But nothing like standing in the cold and rain, when you could be doing something useful. Implements are a different story, sometimes auctioneers have no idea what fast hitch equipment is.