This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

48 Cub running hot

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
WOD
10+ Years
10+ Years

48 Cub running hot

Postby WOD » Fri May 27, 2005 8:03 am

I got my cub started after 2 years and I let it run for about 10 minutes.
In that time, it boiled antifreeze out the radiator. I noticed the fan belt
was real loose. I'm going to tighten it. Would this be the only cause of
this condition?

Now that I have found you guys, I'm going to keep posting.

Thanks,
WOD in VA

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri May 27, 2005 8:29 am

WOD - a loose fanbelt certainly won't help. Also make sure the radiator is not plugged with dirt and debris so that air cannot flow through the fins. Look at the ends of the tubes through the filler neck and if they look plugged or calcified over you may need to remove the radiator and have it cleaned in a radiator shop. Also take a look to be sure the fan shroud has not been removed somewhere along the line. These are all possible contributors. Now, having said that, we all soon learn that each cub chooses it's own coolant level. It is usually about 1 1/2" below the filler neck. If you have filled the radiator to the neck and it is spitting out fluid, that is normal. If it doesn't stop after the level drops about 1 1/2 - 2" then you have a problem. Also, as you may have picked up from some of the other threads, you need to pre-mix the water and anti-freeze before adding them. This is a thermo-siphon cooling system with no water pump. It acts a little differently than other systems.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com