This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Weedless pictures

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
paw's49
10+ Years
10+ Years

Weedless pictures

Postby paw's49 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:52 am

Well, I finally got the implements dragged out of the honeysuckles, loaded them on the trailer, and brought them home. Tractor is still at Mom and Dads - don't have the lean-to built yet. I'm sorta anxious to get the tractor home and start working on it even before the lean-to is built. What do you guys think about it setting in the weather? Would a tarp over the gas tank/engine be good enough?

While taking a break from mowing Mom's yard yesterday, I found the handcrank in the shed - turned the Cub over several times with it - turns pretty easily, but no response from it at all. Guess it was just wishful thinking.

Anyway, here are the pictures - I think I do have a moldboard plow - it looks like the one on Rudi's server.....as you can see, the drawbar is attached.

Here's the harrow - as Mr. Becker said before, I think it's a generic one...Also in this picture are the only cultivators I found (there are 2 more on the tractor), and all the hiller disks I found.

I have 3 pictures of the blade - wanted to show the blade, then the attachment apparatus with it.....

Well, you guys let me know what you think. I think I'll go to Lowes and see if my 3 post holes for my lean-to have come in yet. They were on backorder.

Craig

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:58 am

Craig, the implements look great! It appears that most of them are complete as well.
If Lowe's doesn't have your post holes in, I can e-mail you some you can borrow until yours come in! :D
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:43 am

Craig, looks like you are all set up to start farming. I can understand your wanting to get started. Leaving the cub inder a plastick tarpaulin for temporary storage won't hurt it, but I wouldn't reccommend it for long term, the plastic will condense moisture under it. I would rcccomned something over the shifter to keep rainwater out of the tranny. a lot of cubs set outside completley uncovered.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:42 am

:roll: Hey, Nice pictures "BUT" why no pics of the Cub :?:
Then came Bronson

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:37 am

OK, you have the 193 plow. The attached drawbar is part of the tractor. As I recall, the missing depth control lever was found attached to the tractor.

Looks like a functional disk harrow, but still have no idea of make or model.

The assorted pieces in the picture with the disk are part of the cultivator. As I recall, most of the rest of the cultivator was on the tractor.

Looks like you have one of the later blades with essentially all the parts for front mounting. Only things I specificly DON'T see are the 2 square fillers that go in the implement mounting holes of the tractor. Look in the shed, near where you found the hand crank.

Not sure what the toe piece showing in the bottom of the last picture is a part of.

Johnbron, he posted pictures of the tractor back in April, but the link doesn't seem to be good any more.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Pictures

Postby Eugene » Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:11 pm

Nice set of pictures and equipment.

Posts. I have some ceder corner and line posts you can have for free. Come get them. I'll even supply the chain saw.

Eugene

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:04 pm

Jim Becker wrote:Not sure what the toe piece showing in the bottom of the last picture is a part of.
I think that's a photographer stabilizer. :lol:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

WJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WJ » Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:44 pm

Those are some of the best looking out of the hedge row implements I have seen.
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.

capt jack
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby capt jack » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:14 pm

Tractors have sat out since there were tractors. I have two that have to live outside, I have a couple of tarps that I throw over them and spike them down. Guess I need another shop. Great implements, lets see the cubby. Have fun with your cub.
Give a man fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:55 pm

I prefer to keep stuff under cover, but a whole lot of tractors live 'in the wild'. You seem to have most everything you need. My plow is pretty beat up and appears to be missing some of the parts, especially the one Jim B mentions.

Are you sure the fuel is ON and the gas is not 50 years old?.... Cubs seem to run under the worst conditions.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:58 pm

Buzzard Wing wrote:I prefer to keep stuff under cover, but a whole lot of tractors live 'in the wild'. You seem to have most everything you need. My plow is pretty beat up and appears to be missing some of the parts, especially the one Jim B mentions.

Are you sure the fuel is ON and the gas is not 50 years old?.... Cubs seem to run under the worst conditions.

B.W.,

Check carefully inside your casting. There's enough space in there for the spacer blocks to hide. I don't know about a pair, but I did have one Cub/plow that yielded 3 of the blocks. One had shifted out of sight forward.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

paw's49
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby paw's49 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:19 pm

Thanks for all the compliments fellers....I doubt I'll ever use that blade since we don't get much snow in NC. And you are right Mr. John - that was a photographer stabilizer - one of two. Got more pics for you in the next post.
Thanks a bunch!
Craig

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:03 pm

Craig:

You might not get much snow where you live, but I am willing to bet that there will be all kinds of fun jobs you can come up with for that blade. They didn't call it a Leveling and Grader Blade for nothing. Snow is just another use for it is all.

Nice bunch of implements. Oh, I also read the thread where you brought Paw's Cub home. When a tractor has special significance such as yours does, it makes owning it and restoring it that much more special and closer to the heart.

Please keep us posted as to the progress of your restoration of your Dad's Cub, and of course each of these implements. Don't let that blade out of your sight for too long.... that is a keeper for sure!
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”