This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

A note of thanks

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

A note of thanks

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:24 am

We have all opf us benefitted form help with our cubs from others over the years, and like myself we all tend to forget to tell them sometimes. I bought my first cub about 18 years ago before there was an internet. A local semi-retired IH dealer gave me imense help in refurbishing it. Later on Spencer Yost and his providing the original Antique tractor internet service (ATIS.NET). One of the first people on a personal basis was Mike Sloane who provided me a manual for my disk plow. There have been many more over the years, including but not limited to Jim Becker, Mike Schmudlack, and many more both with advice, parts and physical help. Cub-Bud and his Dad really went above and beyond the call of duty in finishing Missy. for me. Of course I don't want to forget Rudi for his work on the manual server, and Dennis for prviding this great forum for us. There have been many others, but I don't think my keyboard would last long enough to type them all, as well as my memory not going that far. To all of you, a big THANKS!
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Postby Brent » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:57 am

:D AMEN

And let's not forget John *.?-!.*cub, George W., Bigdog and the list goes on and on!
Always try the easiest thing first.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:46 am

John:

I have said this before and I will continue to say this. The folks that haunt this forum are the greatest folks in the whole world. It is almost like having the biggest extended family ever.

The help that I have recieved ever since I first decided to buy Ellie-Mae has been un-repayable. Not only did the good folks here put up with my stupid, idiotic, uninformed, just plain dumbass questions, they actually answered each of them gladly.

Jim Becker, George Willer, Darrell Ratliff, John Puckett, Tom Geisler, JohnBron, Larry Fisher and so very many others helped me to understand how these wonderful tractors worked and how to fix em. They taught this fat fingered, mechanically challenged neophyte how to do things right. Some day when Granny, Ellie and Jethro are all restored, it will be because of all the wonderful people here and all of their excellent advice :!: 8) 8) :!: And, Dennis, please disregard my oversight :!: :oops: :roll: :oops: Didn't forget, it was here, but got edited in one of the drafts and forgot to reinsert. Can't thank you enough for providing all of us with this forum to gather on. Would not have been possible without your generosity both in labour, time and resources. :D Thank you :!:

As for the Cub Manual Server, that grew out of a desire to somehow repay as well as I could all the invaluable assistance that was given to me by the wonderful people here. It is just my way of being able to help. I cannot forget all those good folks who have graciously sent me photocopies, manuals to scan and scans of manuals to add to the server. Without them, the server would not even exist.

Oh, and our server guru, who wishes to remain anonymous, and who has given us enough space on his corporate server to host just about anything available for Cubs. We got lots there and room for at least twice that yet. Without his generosity, we might still be uploading 10 meg files at a time..... :roll: :lol:

The best thing that has come out of this experience is something really priceless. Friends :!: I have made numerous friends on this forum and good friends they are too. This was more than amply demonstrated by the caring and concern expressed by so many during the last 6 months when I was so ill and hospitalized. I will never forget all the kindness, generosity, prayers, good wishes and down right friendship that was extended to Emilie and I by each and everyone of you. You all know who you are :!: :D

This past Christmas was a very memorable one for my family and myself. Just being able to spend it with my family was the best gift I could have. Then to be able to share with my family the friendship and caring shown by so many on this forum, made this past Christmas a truly remarkable event. One which shared and emphasised the true meaning of Christmas.

How can I ever thank my friends on this forum sufficiently. Quite simply, probably never. But, might I offer a simple heartfelt thank you to you all, for being friends and keeping alive the traditions and the ethics that so exemplifies the country way of life.
Last edited by Rudi on Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

bwatson
10+ Years
10+ Years

a note of thanks

Postby bwatson » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:52 am

As a newbie to the cub hobby I would like to extend a note of thanks for the people and information on this site. Things are alot easier for us today and we really appreciate the efforts of everyone who makes this information available to us.

Thanks
Bobby W.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:00 am

Let us not forget our very quiet and reserved site administrator, Dennis Raney. Dennis, without your quiet dedication to this fine site and your tolerance of our quirks and whims, many, many friendships would not have been possible. In addition to that, some very fine events such as Albie's Cub Workshops,Cubarama, CubFest Northeast and CubFest would not have taken place.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:43 am

Amen to what you all said. It is great to have a large family. A larg friendly one.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Ken (48 Cub)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40023
Tractors Owned: 1948 FCub
1957 LoBoy

Postby Ken (48 Cub) » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:39 pm

All you guys ROCK!
Ken, Annie the '48.

I think we gotter if'n she don't jump, Andy Griffith.

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:32 pm

As a new boy, I could say a lot, but I wont, just how much i agree with everything and amen and please let the fellowship continue!
Pat

Scott
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02769
eBay ID: scottdarowski
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 Cub
62 CCO
63 CCO
70 JD 112

Postby Scott » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:51 pm

You guys are the best. most of my questions are answered in minutes. I think The flashchat is a great addition to the site and has made the site more personal I think. reading something someone wrote is one thing but have a conversation with them. Now thats great
Thanks for all the help.
Image On To Bigger Things

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:35 pm

You Guy's have said it all, I'm speechless, Thank you all" :cry:

Mac from NS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mac from NS » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:02 pm

Would like to thank everyone for all the help that I have gotten
and all the people that make it possible.
Take a little time to play,you don't grow old as fast that way.

Mac

Vern Campbell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04664
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub

Postby Vern Campbell » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:08 am

I'd like to express my sincere thanks too, to all members of this forum. Your help and guidance have given me the confidence to do the restoration work on my late father's Cub. This has been so fulfilling and in many ways has given me a chance to reconnect with him. You can't put a price on that. But the best part has been to associate with the members of this forum. As Rudi said, you are the greatest people on the planet. The camaraderie and goodwill on this forum is unmatched anywhere. Thank you one and all. :D :D :D :D

Vern
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.--Will Rogers

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:58 am

Here, here!

When I tell 'outsiders' about 'our special place' on the internet and my very special friends here I get some odd looks. They just don't understand.

Even my good friend who was the driving force behind the Cub purchase in the first place thinks you guys (US!) all have shiny tractors that are never used. I gave up trying to convince him otherwise..... even a 'Cub guy' sometimes doesn't understand.

Thanks to you all, I will soon have a shiny Cub mowing. And along the way I have had the pleasure of meeting the finest group of people in the world. It has been a great experience and truly a pleasure to have found you all.

Thanks!

Larry (the one in RI)
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:22 am

To All The Kind Folks here on this Cub Board who give of themselves, their knowledge, their experiences...and, most of all...THEIR FRIENDSHIP! :wink:

THANK YOU to one and all...Especially Dennis...George...Big Dog...@!#John...Paul...Jim...The List goes on & on!!! :D
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

sviennadan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby sviennadan » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:32 pm

Well, it's only two cents worth, but I'll throw in anyway. Without you all, I'd have a pile of junk here, but due to this Forum, I have a working tractor, a growing knowledge of the quirks of the Cub, and some fine friends.

Return to “Farmall Cub”