Low Volume Plow Points

Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:17 pm

Folks,

A while back there was considerable discussion about the availability of plow points/shares for low volume plows. As I remember, there was a company that used to make those kinds of parts, but the company had closed and sold the business/tooling, etc. to an Amish/Mennonite business in Pennsylvania (I believe).

I have searched the forum with no success. Any help to point me in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bill

Re: Low Volume Plow Points

Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:25 pm

you can try this Bill, I do not know if it is still around
tim

Whitehorse Equipment, LLC
5566 Old Philadelphia Pike
Gap, PA 17527

1717-768-8313

Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:12 pm

Bill,
As you probably remember, I went through this exercise trying to rebuild the pair of 12" plow for my Super A. I completely struck out. Then by a stroke of luck, one of the gentlemen I called pointed me to the Blacksmith, Mr. Jim White. A true gentleman he is and did nice work. I sent him my old parts and rebuilt them to original.

Now mind you, I didn't say it was real cheap. But my plow works nicely again. :lol: Don't know if he would remember me, but feel free to use my name if you wish. I am sending you a PM with his personal information.

Roy

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:08 pm

Sounds like another justification for never throwing away anything. Who knows what technique or technology may be available next year to repair/restore the item?

Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:25 am

tst wrote:you can try this Bill, I do not know if it is still around
tim

Whitehorse Equipment, LLC
5566 Old Philadelphia Pike
Gap, PA 17527

1717-768-8313

Nice folks to deal with. Bought out the old Crescent Forge inventory--I managed to get a couple of shares for an F194 with an HSKA bottom. Amish/Mennonite so phone contact only.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:29 am

Bus Driver wrote:Sounds like another justification for never throwing away anything. Who knows what technique or technology may be available next year to repair/restore the item?

I have posted several times that dad used to simply weld a piece of steel, usually a piece of an old leaf spring, on the tip of the share. This will make the point dig in like new. He used steel points, too many stones for cast points. Points were rebuilt several times. Vern