This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Front end loader, on the fast hitch?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
welderrx
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub Fast Hitch 68 Lo-Boy 66 Cub Cadet 125 100 Manure Spreader Wagner Loader
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Front end loader, on the fast hitch?

Postby welderrx » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:53 am

I am curious about berserks braces l have a parts cub with stress cracks in the corner webs of the block, are these caused by compression loads because that is what the braces look like they are for. T.J.
Blue Mountain Antique Gas and Steam Engine Association

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:29 pm

I think they come more from extension than compression, since the engine is also the frame of the tractor and a load on the front end or even dropping a wheel into a hole puts a lot of stress on the front ears. All I have ever seen that were cracked were engines from 47 or early 48, before they beefed up the castings. The braces Bezirk has made are designed to take the forward and backward stress and transfer it directly to the bell housing rather than it being imparted to the engine.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bezirk
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 22843
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub 1949, Oliver OC3 crawler 1951, Ford 8 N 1948, Oliver 77 Row Crop 1953, JohnDeere, La, 1941, John Deere 4115/w loader, 2004, John Deere stationary power unit LUC, Farmall M, 1946, Oliver 77 Row crop w/ loader

Postby Bezirk » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:00 pm

Very well said John , my braces were designed to compress slightly my 49 Cub that developed a crack on the right side.
A machinist friend of mine designed them and after installing with a slight amount of compression pressure I sprayed the crack with " duck tape in a can" purchased from Advance or Auto zone . After two or three coats of this my oil leak has been completely stopped ( for about 3 years now ). In my install instructions I recommend only a slight compression
Torque. John is correct in that the braces provide expansion and compression protection.

P/ m me if I can help further

Berlin
I started out with nothing and now I only have half of that left !

welderrx
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub Fast Hitch 68 Lo-Boy 66 Cub Cadet 125 100 Manure Spreader Wagner Loader

Postby welderrx » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:42 pm

Thanks guys, that's what I thought from the looks of the Jam nut in the one picture.T.J.
Blue Mountain Antique Gas and Steam Engine Association