This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Newcomer with a Farmall

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Olivier
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 69008

Newcomer with a Farmall

Postby Olivier » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:42 pm

Hello,

I live in Lyon, France, and I bought this Farmall recently to a friend. It was to his father. I was wondering if someone could help me identifying this model, its year. Also, I am looking for the user's manual. Ideally in french. Although I spent five years in Lynchburg VA, I am more comfortable in french with such litterature...

Thank you for your help.

Olivier

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Newcomer with a Farmall

Postby Eugene » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:58 pm

Olivier. Welcome.

It's a French/France built Farmall Cub.

Use the search function at top of page, searching for France built Farmall Cub. There are several France/French built Cub owners on this board.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:32 pm

Bonjour Olivier, welcome to the Forum. We do have several French Forum members. The only one I can think of right now is Fredy the Frenchy (his Forum name). He lives in Martres de Riviere, near the Spanish border and may be able to offer some help. As Eugene stated, the Cub was made by International Harvester (IH), and was the smallest tractor that they made.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Olivier
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Olivier » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:29 am

Hello,
Thanks to you two for your guidance. I will get in touch with Fredy the Frenchy to see if he can give me more details. More pictures when the tractor is in my barn.
Olivier

Rick Spivey
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 29518

Postby Rick Spivey » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:05 am

Welcome, Olivier! I work for Michelin, and often (twice per year) come to Clermont-Ferrand for a week. We should get together some time, my next trip is April! Good luck with your cub.
Rick Spivey
'52 Cub ("Great Personality") 148xxx
'48 Cub with FH ("Gunny Cub") 38xxx
'57 Lambretta (a slow work in progress)
'74 Triumph TR6 (Mama's toy)

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:09 am

Olivier,
Very nice tractor and welcome! I lived in Saint-Lô for a period of time and your country is very stunning.

Olivier
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Olivier » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:50 am

Hello,
Thanks for the reply. St-Lo is nice. Lynchburg was great and we all (wife, kids and myself) loved being close to the Blue Ridge where I rode my motorcycle many many times.
Olivier

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:01 am

Olivier, In case you haven't found it yet, under "Board Index" at the top of the page is "(0 new messages)". If you click on that it will take you to "private messages" or PM's. You can type in a Forum members name and then send him a message. You can do the same thing by clicking on "PM" at the right side of someone's post below their name and avatar.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:05 pm

Olivier,

Welcome to the forum. My company is based in France, but in the north in Arras. Our US offices are in Ohio, however. Having been to that part of the country, it is a beautiful place. You have found a great group of folks in this group! I love the pictures of your Cub. It looks like a great original unit and even has the original dealer emblem on the side...a very nice touch!

One thing I noticed is that your cub, as most of the French units don't have hydraulics on them, but use the hand lift. For the rest of the experts on the forum, were hydraulics not offered in CIMA Cubs?

I love the nameplate complete with the same disclaimer on the bottom as American cubs...Ne pas surcharger. DO NOT OVERLOAD. Boy, there are a lot of tractors out there that previous owners neglected to follow those instructions!

Hope we can be of assistance as you get acquainted with the tractor.
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:25 pm

Hi,
I found this list of numbers for French Cubs, and some other models on a tractor forum. The Cub seems to be a 1959 Super Cub. I guess that's right, there were other papers for other models there. You can see through the paper, and the lettering is about what the second one has below it. :)
Attachments
Cub numbers French.jpg
Cub numbers French.jpg (89.11 KiB) Viewed 339 times
IH numbers French.jpg
IH numbers French.jpg (89.98 KiB) Viewed 339 times

Olivier
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Olivier » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:49 am

Glen,
Many thanks for the docuent which is of great value. Not only it helps me looking for the right user's'manual, but also to start the process to obtain a title.
I assume FFS CUB in the plate means French Farmall Super CUB.
Take care.
Olivier

Return to “Farmall Cub”