This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mowing

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ffwilliam
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 03087

Mowing

Postby ffwilliam » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:27 pm

Am enjoying my "new" '68 Cub so much, but want to start doing some work with it. Best mowing decks for it??? Woods?? What kind of money should I expect to pay (ballpark). Also..Woodsplitters? Any info appreciated.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Mowing

Postby Eugene » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:35 pm

Wood splitters. While it is possible to power a wood splitter from a Cub's hydraulics, the limitation is the 1200 PSI pressure relief valve. My suggestion, if you are going to build a log splitter, is to use one of the 2 stage hydraulic pumps capable of 4000 psi.

Mower decks. Search function. There are numerous discussions on mowers. I have several rotary "lawn" mowers, a Mott flail mower, and a brush hog type mower. All have their advantages and disadvantages.
I have an excuse. CRS.