This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

why so many cubs??

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: why so many cubs??

Postby v w » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:07 am

WHY NOT? :big give up: Would be the correct question. :lol: Vern

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081

Postby danovercash » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:48 pm

Pickerandsinger said
….I have a Fast Hitch on one of mine, but its really a tedious chore to have to pull the latch up and get on and off etc…I thought about making a jigamahoo to operate it from the seat but I'm to busy ….

You are not doing it right, I can use disk, harrow or blade and never get off tractor. That latch has a loop so you can tie a rope to it. I use a wrench to push latch down to lock. All this is going on while the disc plow is still on tractor waiting its turn
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:02 pm

danovercash wrote:Pickerandsinger said
….I have a Fast Hitch on one of mine, but its really a tedious chore to have to pull the latch up and get on and off etc…I thought about making a jigamahoo to operate it from the seat but I'm to busy ….

You are not doing it right, I can use disk, harrow or blade and never get off tractor. That latch has a loop so you can tie a rope to it. I use a wrench to push latch down to lock. All this is going on while the disc plow is still on tractor waiting its turn
Didn't they originally have a rod with an "L" on the end and a loop on the top that could be carried on the tractor to open and close the latch with out getting off?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Winfield Dave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17953
Tractors Owned: ......Almost enough.
N3NIK

Postby Winfield Dave » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:09 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Didn't they originally have a rod with an "L" on the end and a loop on the top that could be carried on the tractor to open and close the latch with out getting off?
fasthitch handle.jpg
fasthitch handle.jpg (122.26 KiB) Viewed 239 times
Dave
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth." -- Napoleon Hill

Arthur Dent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62828
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub
1960 Cub Lo Boy slope modified
1942 Farmall H
1945 Farmall H
2002 NH TC25D

Postby Arthur Dent » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:49 pm

Wife and I were driving home from a shopping trip this afternoon, when we got just a glimpse of a couple of red tractors parked at the side of the road with For Sale signs on them. I continued on down the road and she looked at me and said "Aren't you going to go back and look at those tractors?" I said "Uh, sure, I'm just looking for a place to turn around". They turned out to be a couple of nice Allis Chalmers (would love to have one), and Deb was actually disappointed that they weren't Cubs.
I think there is hope!
As long as the wife is willing, there is no such thing as too many tractors.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:02 pm

Arthur Dent wrote:As long as the wife is willing, there is no such thing as too many tractors.

Yep, Rosie lets me know when she sees one.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

pickerandsinger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13143
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub Low Boy w/ FH Mott Flail Mower
1953 Cub w/ sprayer and 54A blade (Chompers)
1954 Cub w/fast hitch (Ira)
1948 Cub ( Papa Paul)with Henderson loader..
1951 Mutt mix Cub (BattleAx
1950 Farmall Cub (basket case demo)
Cub parts tractor
2019 " KuB"ota 2601 loader and roto tiller
1951 Ferguson TEA 20 (parts)( Uncle Rusty)
F/H Disc Harrow for cub L-38
C-22 Sickle Bar Mower
IH C2 and C3 mower
Universal tool attachment with disc hillers..Rear cultivators (various tips
York Rake for Cub home made
Single bottom Plow for Cub F194
Gravely 5660 12 hp/ w snoblower.rototiller,bush hog

Postby pickerandsinger » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:41 am

…..Sorry guys, i was just kidding thus the reference to having time to make a tool but having time to rebuild another tractor….Just playing along with the getting another tractor theme….Thats a nice tool Dave Winfield…I'll make one for the "new" 1954 tractor, I'm rebuilding….The fast hitch is being delivered to Cecils from Ohio thanks to the good will of Bill Hudson and Cecil…. :{_}: :{_}: :thanx: :thanx: Dave….have a great day….
In Memory of 58,286

dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45067
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N

Postby dgrapes59 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:24 pm

Winfield Dave wrote:
John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Didn't they originally have a rod with an "L" on the end and a loop on the top that could be carried on the tractor to open and close the latch with out getting off?
fasthitch handle.jpg

This is a little off topic... but does anyone have the rough dimensions of this release rod?

Thanks,
David

tinnerjohn
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44491
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub, 42 Farmall H 49 Ford 8N (FIL's tractor) and a yard full of implements for them 51 Chevy 3100 PU

Postby tinnerjohn » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:18 am

This reminds me of a gentleman I met at the RPRU in Michigan years ago. He told me he had a slew of H's and M's, one for each implement and left them hooked up year around. He worked a full time job and farmed 80-100 acres and could come home, get on the appropriate tractor and head to the field. That was when you could get a good, running get on and go H or M for $300-$500, Supers weren't much more! John

tinnerjohn
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44491
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub, 42 Farmall H 49 Ford 8N (FIL's tractor) and a yard full of implements for them 51 Chevy 3100 PU

Postby tinnerjohn » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:21 am

Winfield Dave wrote:
fasthitch handle.jpg
Does the Cub use the same handle as the 300-560 did? I bought one years ago from Steiner if I remember right for a 450D I had. John

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:04 am

tinnerjohn wrote:
Winfield Dave wrote:
fasthitch handle.jpg
Does the Cub use the same handle as the 300-560 did? I bought one years ago from Steiner if I remember right for a 450D I had. John

Those hooks were different lengths, depending on the tractor model. IH didn't make one for the Cub, so any length you make is as "correct" as any other length.

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081

Postby danovercash » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:45 am

Rope and wrench works better for me and one less tool to keep up with. I carry the wrench anyway for the fast hitch bail bolt.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:38 am

pickerandsinger wrote:

…..Sorry guys, i was just kidding thus the reference to having time to make a tool but having time to rebuild another tractor….Just playing along with the getting another tractor theme….Thats a nice tool Dave Winfield…I'll make one for the "new" 1954 tractor, I'm rebuilding….The fast hitch is being delivered to Cecils from Ohio thanks to the good will of Bill Hudson and Cecil…. :{_}: :{_}: :thanx: :thanx: Dave….have a great day….

I knew you were making a funny, so it wasn't lost on everybody at least :)

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:21 pm

tinnerjohn wrote:This reminds me of a gentleman I met at the RPRU in Michigan years ago. He told me he had a slew of H's and M's, one for each implement and left them hooked up year around......
I spent many years driving an H, and the implements for them are not that big a deal to change if you take the time to set up a place and blocks to hold them level between uses. Quicker and easier than a cub, with the exception of the loader. Those are pretty comparable. :lol:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:51 pm

I have all my cubs because I am not able to change equipment all the time like you young guys can, so once something goes on it stays on!---AND ya, --I got orange tractors too!!!---I use them all! thanks; sonny

Return to “Farmall Cub”