This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

size of Bolts used to mount the Depth Control

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Papa's Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 31553
Tractors Owned: 1966 Int'l Cub, C-2 mower 2005 Farm-Trac, 7ft Harrows and Box blade 1976 Int'l Cub, Woods 59 mower, Turn Plow, Full set of cultivators, Harrows, 174 Planter & Fertilizer unit 1953 Farmall Cub,full set of spring cultivators, wheel weights,
PTO belt pulley, snow plow and misc parts.
Circle of Safety: Y

size of Bolts used to mount the Depth Control

Postby Papa's Cub » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:55 pm

I was attempting to mount the turn plow depth control this afternoon. It appeared to me the mounting holes were smaller than the draw bar bolts. Are they? I need the size and length please. Thanks, Tom.
If you always do what you've always done -- you'll always get what you've always got!

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Re: size of Bolts used to mount the Depth Control

Postby Glen » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:06 pm

Hi,
All 6 implement mounting holes on each side were originally 5/8 inch coarse threads. The length, I looked in a plow owner's manual, it shows the right side lever, I think you are using the lever for the drawbar, it just gives the part number, 351679R1. I think that is the 1 inch long thread, but not sure. You could call a Case IH dealer and ask the length of the bolt that number if you need to.

UK-Cub
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: LA9

Postby UK-Cub » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:42 am

By coincidence I was looking to identify the same part number.

David
Attachments
image.jpg
351679R1
image.jpg (410.71 KiB) Viewed 895 times
David

1956 Lister D stationary engine
1957 French Cub
2012 Land Rover Defender 110 double cab pick up

Every day is a school day

"Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life" Confucius

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:02 am

Papa, as Glen said all of the implement bolts are the same size holes, but there is the possibility the drawbar bolts may have been drilled out and larger ones put in, it happens every now and then. I assume (bad thing to do) you know how it all mounts, but just in case, the drawbar gets removed, and the locking bolt take out so it will pivot on the pin, then reinstalled in the rear mounts, but facing forward.The depth control goes in the top holes and the eyebolt goes into the corner of the drawbar. After changing from that to my flail mower a few times (had to remove 2 different brackets to mount the plow) I bought an extra drawbar that I leave the lock bolts out of for use with disk, molboard plow, or my tiller.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:12 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:the drawbar gets removed, and the locking bolt take out so it will pivot on the pin, then reinstalled in the rear mounts, but facing forward.

John, the drawbar gets re-installed on the front mounts facing forward.

Photo from TM Tractor Parts
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Papa's Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 1966 Int'l Cub, C-2 mower 2005 Farm-Trac, 7ft Harrows and Box blade 1976 Int'l Cub, Woods 59 mower, Turn Plow, Full set of cultivators, Harrows, 174 Planter & Fertilizer unit 1953 Farmall Cub,full set of spring cultivators, wheel weights,

Postby Papa's Cub » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:56 am

A big thanks Glenn, John and Bill. I don't think any type of implement (including a drawbar) has ever been bolted to this old tractor except a mule drive for the mower. Now I know why my Father-in-law used to put cork in the holes of his cub. Yesterday I used a screw driver and oven cleaner trying to clean them out enough to start a bolt. I had decent success with the bottom holes but I'll have to work a little more on the top two used for the depth control. Oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes. By the way Bill, a picture is worth a thousand words, thanks, Tom.
If you always do what you've always done -- you'll always get what you've always got!

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:06 am

Papa's Cub wrote:Now I know why my Father-in-law used to put cork in the holes of his cub.

Tom, cork was put in all unused holes at the factory. That might be what you are seeing.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Papa's Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Papa's Cub » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:12 am

OK......that explains it. Great idea!

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:26 am

Here is what the holes looked like when they got to the dealer.

cork-in-holes.jpg
cork-in-holes.jpg (73.11 KiB) Viewed 822 times

Circle of Safety

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:03 pm

Barnyard wrote:.......
John, the drawbar gets re-installed on the front mounts facing forward.

Photo from TM Tractor Parts
Yup, getting old and senile.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Randy Tuura
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 55733
Tractors Owned: 1949 FCUB

Postby Randy Tuura » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:05 pm

Barnyard wrote:
Papa's Cub wrote:Now I know why my Father-in-law used to put cork in the holes of his cub.

Tom, cork was put in all unused holes at the factory. That might be what you are seeing.

In my searching on Ebay, I see that corks for the mounting bolts are available if you want to buy them to protect your bolt holes when they're not being used or when you are painting. My tractor had lots of corks so I'm hoping the CW is true and that this tractor wasn't used that much... :?
Randy
Machinist since 1973
15 years in the toolroom with Tool & Die Maker experience

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scrivet » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:19 pm

Randy Tuura wrote:........In my searching on Ebay, I see that corks for the mounting bolts are available.........
Nothing special you have to search for, they're available from TM http://www.tmtractor.com/new/gr/gr_001newparts.htm or you can pick them up at any decent hardware store with the little parts drawers. Usually can find rubber plugs similar shaped to cork in another of the drawers that would work also.