This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cold start

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Alan Gee
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 169174

Cold start

Postby Alan Gee » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:30 pm

OK looks like Winter is just about here. The other day we hit 24 degrees so I wanted to see how the old girl would start in chilly weather.
I knocked it out of gear, pulled the starter ring and let it spin a few times to hopefuly push a bit of oil around, then pulled out the choke to about 9 on a 0 to 10 range , flipped on the ignition , pulled the starter again and it poped right off. It took a little bit of deft handy work on the choke to keep it running but in a few seconds it was up and running perfect. This builds confidence in me that it will start when it really gets cold and I can plow out my drive.
I let it run until it was nice and warm and shut it down.

offrink
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49316
Tractors Owned: 1954 farmall fcub, 1954 farmall super m

Re: Cold start

Postby offrink » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:41 am

As the temp drops I put a double layer red flannel "bra" on my cub. She warms up faster and comes up to working temp, which can be hard some days.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cold start

Postby Bigdog » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:47 am

I have some cubs that want choke either hot or cold and some that want no choke hot or cold. Once you learn what each tractor requires they are pretty easy to start in any weather.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com