This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub 3 field cultivator

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
nomad
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06443

Cub 3 field cultivator

Postby nomad » Tue May 05, 2015 8:28 pm

WP_20150504_18_14_18_Pro.jpg
Does anyone know if I can attach this to the front part of my fast hitch or will it not work on a fast hitch? Would really like to give it a try. I think it is a cub 3 field cultivator but will take suggestions if it turns out to be something different. Thanks. Eric

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub 3 field cultivator

Postby tst » Tue May 05, 2015 9:07 pm

Hi Eric, was that just at an auction in CT?, yes that is a cub 3 , it is designed to work with the draw bar turned around backwards so the hitch would be under your feet, look in the manual section for the operators manual, what did the cub go for at the auction?
Tim

nomad
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby nomad » Tue May 05, 2015 9:16 pm

Hi Tim. I don't have a draw bar--just fast hitch. The front of the fast hitch has those 3 holes and I'm wondering if it might fit in there.

There is price and then there is cost. price was $10. However, cost was 1/2 hour of hard labor to chip away maple tree root that had grown around one spring tooth. Then, I tripped while moving it and caught my foot on one of the flipped over teeth. Ouch--still black and blue but the hole in my foot seems to be closing!

nomad
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby nomad » Tue May 05, 2015 9:19 pm

Correction. $12 after fees and taxes.

nomad
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby nomad » Tue May 05, 2015 9:20 pm

Oh. The cub (its getting late). That went for mid 800s.

JBirchler
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 47634

Postby JBirchler » Sun May 10, 2015 8:49 pm

I have used mine on the fast hitch cub tractor. I made a couple brackets to bolt onto the front of the fast hitch were the holes are that were previously mentioned. One on each side of the fast hitch drawbar. Then just used a spare fast hitch point with a chain from it down to feild cultivator. Worked good for me for several years till I got another tractor.

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Stanton » Mon May 11, 2015 6:26 am

JBirchler wrote:I have used mine on the fast hitch cub tractor. I made a couple brackets to bolt onto the front of the fast hitch were the holes are that were previously mentioned. One on each side of the fast hitch drawbar. Then just used a spare fast hitch point with a chain from it down to feild cultivator. Worked good for me for several years till I got another tractor.

Saw this is your first post: Welcome to the forum!

NomadCT wrote:Hi Tim. I don't have a draw bar--just fast hitch. The front of the fast hitch has those 3 holes and I'm wondering if it might fit in there.

There is price and then there is cost. price was $10. However, cost was 1/2 hour of hard labor to chip away maple tree root that had grown around one spring tooth. Then, I tripped while moving it and caught my foot on one of the flipped over teeth. Ouch--still black and blue but the hole in my foot seems to be closing!

Sorry to hear about your foot, but you got a heck of a deal for $12!! Way to go!!
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

nomad
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby nomad » Mon May 11, 2015 9:39 am

Thank you for the advice. This solution seems very do-able and glad to know it works! I'll keep you posted.

nomad
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby nomad » Tue May 19, 2015 2:10 pm

Update: Found an old draw bar (from an A?). Had to drill 1 hole but everything seems to line up. I had to soak the old attachment points in kerosene for a week to loosen the pins but everything eventually came loose. Also found a fast hitch point from the PO and rigged up a chain. The original chains are still on there and i can spend some time to attach them properly. Wheels were very hard to turn but located the zerks and now they spin freely. I need to adjust some things but this seems to have worked and it will get the big test this weekend. Nomad
Cub 3 field cultivator.jpg
draw bar for cultivator.jpg

Return to “Farmall Cub”