This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

About Woods Mower Decks?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
JBJohnson
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 43110
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub

About Woods Mower Decks?

Postby JBJohnson » Thu May 07, 2015 6:58 am

Hey fellow Cubbers, I am looking at a Woods model 304K, 48" mower deck on Craigslist. The distance is far so I am trying to determine if it will work on my 57 Cub. The man says it came off of a seventies Kubota and would have mounted to his tractor with the power belt running to the front.(essentially opposite of how a woods belly mower mounts to a Cub) However the deck looks exactly the same (in pictures) as many I have seen in pictures mounted to a Cub. Does anyone know anything about this model of mower and if it is "reversible" enough to work on a Cub setup? Who/where could I find specific info about this model of deck? Thanks-JBJohnson

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: About Woods Mower Decks?

Postby Don McCombs » Thu May 07, 2015 7:29 am

From what you describe and looking at the parts diagram below, I'd say that the effort and cost involved in converting the mower to operate on a Cub would not be cost effective. You're better off continuing to look for a Woods 59 specifically set up for a Cub.

http://www.singletonsales.com/pages/Oem ... %2fAS-7725
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Smokeycub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44266
Tractors Owned: 48 F Cub #11678
65 Cub Cadet 104
70 450C JD loader
67 Cub Cadet 107
90 B7100HST-D Kubota
72 Cub Cadet 149
54 Super C

Postby Smokeycub » Thu May 07, 2015 10:48 am

It appears to be a RH discharge, so you have that working in your favor. Beyond that it will take a good deal of "seat of the pants" engineering to get it to work, and as Don said a fair amount of cash and effort. So if the guy is practically giving it away I would consider it, if not I would walk away. ..and I'm usually the guy that would say go for it unless you enjoy that sort of fabrication work.
Ray
Smokeycub
Attachments - 193 plow - 144 cultivator - 22 mower - 28A disc harrow - 54 leveling blade - Woods 59C2 - drag harrows - Mott D9 flail - flat belt pulley
The squeaky wheel may get the grease but it's usually the first to be replaced!

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu May 07, 2015 11:07 am

JB - You are close to me. (Circleville) Let me check what we have in the way of mowers. I might be able to fix you up.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com