This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Where did the fluid go?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Snakeoil
10+ Years
10+ Years

Where did the fluid go?

Postby Snakeoil » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:13 pm

I have a 1948 cub that I completely went through last year. When I got her home she leaked at every crevice there was. I put in all new gaskets seals and bearings. I keep her parked on concrete so there not one drop of anything leaking out.
I was going to disc the garden in, started right up and lifted the disc and then lost all pressure. Checked fluid level and dry as a bone, filled and doing fine. Where did the fluid go? Floor is as clean as a whistle. :?:
Brain, an apparatus with which we think we think

jim turner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64784
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby jim turner » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:18 pm

check your engine oil level it may be overfull
Jim Turner

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:20 pm

It probably went into the crankcase pan. Check your motor oil and see if it is overfull. I would almost bet it is over full. If so your hydraulic pump needs new O-Rings.
Then came Bronson

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Oil

Postby allenlook » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:08 pm

And you need to change your oil right away!
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com