This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

a good one on me

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
housebg
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 70785
Tractors Owned: 1950AV Farm all High clearance
1952 Farm all Cub
1958 Farm all Cub
1959 Farm all Cub Lowboy
1951 Farm all Super A
1942Farm all B
1944Farmall B
2000Yanmar YM 2000
Gravely 5665
David Brown 880

a good one on me

Postby housebg » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:40 am

My first cub I bought I need to rebuild but I have been using in garden so will have to wait I need it for sure .I have been having a fuel(I thought) problem some times it starved and sometimes it would spin the tires ,I could not figure it out setting still ran good but under power plowing very bad sometimes then it would run good. I was at a lost rebuilt the carburetor twice thinking I miss something , well yesterday it died while cultivating okra would not start or even turn over got to looking at it and found the main power wire to switch broke and it was just touching before when it was running and the vibration was breaking the circuit. Felt like a fool but runs much better now :tractor: :tractor: :tractor: :tractor:

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: a good one on me

Postby Trent M » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:57 pm

Haha! Yep. I don't like those intermittent problems, just go ahead and break and be done with it!!
Trent McPeak

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: a good one on me

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:01 pm

Similar to something that happened to me last week. We have Moses Austin (founder of Potosi) Days celebration every year, and I drive my H in for the show and parade. I had the buzz saw and belt on it, and grabbed my lawn chair and stuck it down between the saw belt and frame, and headed to town. About a mile and a half down the road it started missing and kept getting worse as if it was running out of fuel, but choking did not help. I pulled into a neighbors drive just as it died and started checking. Fuel flow good, and when I checked the ignition I discovered I had knocked the coil wire loose putting the chair in place, and spark was jumping nearly an inch before it finally died. :oops:

saw right.jpg
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!