This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Oil

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Waif
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 49343
Tractors Owned: 48 Farmall Cub "Seen Yore Dobbin"
53 F-Cub W/Loader.
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Oil

Postby Waif » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:31 pm

One concern in oil type can be running a detergent oil in an engine that has been run with non detergent oil a long time without first cleaning the oil system and places debris gravitates well first.
Some tear downs show a heavy sludge deposit than can be loosened faster than a filter can deal with.
I scraped about an inch layer out of one once.

Deere model 60.
Owner defeated low oil pressure full shut off. Bearings ran dry.
Fuel shut off because oil pump link( deliberate weak link) sheared when pump gears encountered too great a resistance due to .....

kully560
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 11727

Postby kully560 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:54 am

that is very true if you do not know what type was used before remove the oil pan and take a look inside. if it is clean than use the detergent oil . if not than use the non detergent oil . the sludge might be holding the motor together

Streamwalker
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 16701

Postby Streamwalker » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:10 pm

I pulled the oil pan because the gasket was bad there was some slug in the bottom. I know the po didn't really take care of this. As there was. More water in the back than oil. But I got everything changed and she runs good.

Return to “Farmall Cub”