This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What it is about (smiles)

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

What it is about (smiles)

Postby cowboy » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:50 pm

hope this works

from last saturday my own cub a rama its great when kids would rather ride the tractor than a horse.

Me and my three year old nefew Robbie his favrite words are ball tractor and cowboy

My brother and his son Chase (never saw anyone pulling a log splitter and cutting the lawn at the same time before)

Last edited by cowboy on Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:58 pm

Billy, once you upload it to the server - open the picture you want to link and right click on the picture. Then select PROPERTIES and then copy the URL from that window and paste it into your message here on the forum with the IMG tags. It's easier done than said.
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:21 pm

8) Thanks agin Carl

I got it now you have address and the URL all together.

If one of the moderators could delete the other smiles post I would be thankfull I could not find out how to get rid of it my self.

John I will do the T/C next weekend as its 11:20 now and I have to be up at 4:00 am tommrow.
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:30 pm

Cowboy,
Your right it's all in the smiles of kids. I had several ask if they could take pictures on my Cub at the show this past weekend. They liked just being up on the tractor while their parents took pictures. It was a lot's of fun :D

Ron
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Smiles

Postby allenlook » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:40 pm

Took three of my girls for a tractor ride this weekend, and they were all smiles :D

It's not something I like to do very often because I'm very aware of all the wheels and belts and fans spinning without covers on them.

Of course, given that, it's amazing any of US lived to this age having grown up around all that equipment, but I guess that's just livin' in the 2000's. Heck, they can't even ride a bike or a go-kart or a scooter without a helmet on these days. Lord only knows the things *I* did without wearing a helmet.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:21 am

Ron and Cowboy...you guys are SO RIGHT! :D It's all about the kids (in ALL of us). I've seen guys at tractor shows get all bent outta shape cause some small, bright-eyed kid wanted to climb up on their NEW, show-room painted tractor! :roll: My feelin'...If you're not willin' to share your passion and your hobby...How are ya gonna git others interested in it? :? Life is all about makin' GREAT MEMORIES! :wink: Next time you're at a show, or just ridin' around your neighborhood...MAKE SOME MEMORIES HAPPEN for SOMEONE :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:45 pm

Thanks guys

Just got home from another week working out of town. My niece had so much fun out here the weekend those pictures were taken she decided she wants her birthday party here. So it will be a busy day cleaning house for sunday. It will be her big 7th. Shure to be fun. Need to unload the big trailer so the cub can do some hay rides for the ninteen kids that are sopposed to come over.

Allen I think we were tougher back then. Although two of my great uncles were operators and neither of them had all there fingers.

Yep Country helping and sharing makes life worth living. At one time I felt having money made me important and would make me happy. I've learned some since then and I'm broke but happy.

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Kodiak » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:59 pm

Cowboy,
Here's a co-workers boys on my Cub at the show this past weekend. He said they didn't want to get off when it was time to go!

Post some pictures of the party next week when you have time.

Ron

2007 Cub Tug Champion

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:30 am

Hey Ron...Those two kids look like they're havin' fun and lovin' your Cub tractor! :wink: I'm flattered by the GREAT way your McCormick-Deering Sickle Knife Grinder turned out...SUPER JOB Ron :D !

Hey Cowboy...Be sure to post some photos of thos 19 youngins on your hay ride :D ...they'll probably be MORE SMILES and FUN than I used ta have skinny-dippin with my boyhood friends on a hot summer's day in the creek! :shock:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:47 am

Great picture Ron.

While I like looking at pictures of all the tractors. When a picture has somone in it it tells a story :!: And a picture with kids smiling is the Best :!: :!: :!:

I have always felt toys are for adults so they do not have to spend time with their kids. After all we are all so busy trying to get ahead all we have time for is work so we can live the good life later :idea: :?: Kids need somone to just be there and spend time with them. How many times have you seen kids have more fun with the box than the toy :?: I belive spending time with them makes them proud and self confident as then they know they are worth spending time with not just money.

Ron, as with everyone else here I am proud to know ya :!: :!:

Billy

ps I will share pictures as I get them

pps thanks agin lildog and everyone involved with setting up the picture posting site

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Kodiak » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:27 pm

Hey Country,
I decided to not paint the sharpner, just leave it as is. It draws a lot of attention and I hope to get it mounted on the "real wheel " soon. I found that at a local hardware store with other junk.

Cowboy I look foward to seeing those hay-ride pictures when you get them!

Ron

2007 Cub Tug Champion

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:24 am

Billy and the rest, you brought tears of nostalgia to my eyes, thanks, hope you have had a super 7th birthday today, best wishes
Pat

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:04 pm

Thanks ya all

Due to cirmanstances beyound control the party has been put off untill next weekend. It only got to 60 degrees to day but was sunny would have been a nice day for it. Hope next sunday is as nice. The trees are starting to change colors here in Michigan and the trees should make fore some nice color next weekend.

Billy

Return to “Farmall Cub”