This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

eblems for loboy cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Tim Martin
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 20637
eBay ID: cub_parts_pro
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub, 1951 Farmall Cub, 1957 Copar Panzer T102, 1957 IH Lo-Boy, 2008 Kubota 2320
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Tim Martin » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:37 pm

What I don't understand is how they could not be the original emblems that came on this Lo Boy. The emblems came off a unrestored 57 Lo Boy hood (I have the hood and it is for the under slung exhaust) and they still had all the little plastic/nylon pin retainers in the emblem holes. The hood supports have the holes where the Lo Boy emblems once were but someone already removed them.

I can't imagine that some farmer or landscaper went though the trouble to install the incorrect emblems on a Lo Boy hood just as it would come from the factory. Plus the paint and patina on the tractor was uniform so it looked to be the original hood and there were no signs of the hood had ever been removed.

My old 57 Lo Boy hood has the same exact holes so these emblems match it as well... this is just too odd.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:04 pm

The tractor is nearly 50 years old. Anything could have happened to it by now.

The holes in the hood for the emblems are the same from '54 to '58 whether it was on a Farmall or a Lo-Boy. Farmalls came with underslung exhaust so that doesn't prove anything either.

Most likely the hood got swapped on from a Farmall. It could have been prior to a repaint job that was done 40 years ago. 40 years worth of patina would have long since obliterated any evidence of a change.

I don't see anything improbable about it at all.

Tim Martin
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub, 1951 Farmall Cub, 1957 Copar Panzer T102, 1957 IH Lo-Boy, 2008 Kubota 2320

Postby Tim Martin » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:46 pm

That would make sense. I did not know that Farmall Cubs could be ordered with underslung exhaust. I guess that it makes these two hoods kind of unique.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:59 pm

I think if you look closely at the example pictures on the Cub FAQ, you will find that every tractor shown from '54 on has the underslung exhaust, regardless of which version the tractor is. Vertical exhausts were more the exception than the rule.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:44 am

Jim Becker wrote:The tractor is nearly 50 years old. Anything could have happened to it by now.

The holes in the hood for the emblems are the same from '54 to '58 whether it was on a Farmall or a Lo-Boy. Farmalls came with underslung exhaust so that doesn't prove anything either.

Most likely the hood got swapped on from a Farmall. It could have been prior to a repaint job that was done 40 years ago. 40 years worth of patina would have long since obliterated any evidence of a change.

I don't see anything improbable about it at all.

I think if you look closely at the example pictures on the Cub FAQ, you will find that every tractor shown from '54 on has the underslung exhaust, regardless of which version the tractor is. Vertical exhausts were more the exception than the rule.

I agree that a long ago hood change is the probable answer.

I guess I confused the issue about the hole spacing... the emblem change in mid '58 was fitted to a different hood with flat sides and a very different hole layout.

While the underslung exhaust became standard in '54, the vertical one remained an option. My '57 pictured above is the odd one and has a vertical exhaust.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Tim Martin
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Tim Martin » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:30 am

I learn more about these tractors every post... thanks guys.