This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

John Puckett

Dedicated to those we love and miss dearly.
coppersmythe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '48 trimmed dash high crop cub , '78 3/4 cub , lo-boy/59 mower , '64 "galvanized" cub , cub-6 toolbar , sicklebar mowers , 54 blade , plow , mott mower , early belly mower . . international 1010 pickup with 345ci v-8 .
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: John Puckett

Postby coppersmythe » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:56 pm

Rest in peace John . He gave me the honor of his time often , so helpful through private messages . never had the chance to meet him in person. He sure "came through" on the forum . He will be missed ....coppersmythe.................................

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:49 am

Had lots of chat time with John back in the chat days. He walked me through many an electrical issue and was always quick with his wit, but always good-natured and always helpful.

My fondest memory that involved John was one that he probably never knew about. He did a video back in 2006 or 2007 of himself running his plow and I watched it on youtube many many times. My youngest, Charlie, was born in 2007, and he loved tractors just as much as I did. We would watch John's video of plowing, and it was GREAT for a little 3-4 year old. There was one view of the tractor running across the screen, and I would hold Charlie and say, "Where's the tractor... where's the tractor?". When the tractor appeared on the left side of the screen, I'd give Charlie a little shake on my lap and "THERE he is!!!" and Charlie would giggle and laugh. The next shot was the tractor coming headlong down the furrow, right at the camera. I would hold Charlie tight and say, "Uh-oh.... he's gunna get you...here he comes, he's gunna get you...." and when John would steer the tractor out of the way of the camera, I would relax my hold and say, "whew... that was a close one"... And Charlie would giggle.

I cannot tell you how many times I watched this video with Charlie and how much enjoyment it gave both of us. John probably never knew.

This is that video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sE5mhTmaHg

Rest in Peace, John. You deserve it!
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63628
Tractors Owned: '40 H
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
No. 8 Little Genius 2-12 Plow
IH Running Gear

Postby T-Mo » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:32 am

Hengy wrote:Had lots of chat time with John back in the chat days. He walked me through many an electrical issue and was always quick with his wit, but always good-natured and always helpful.

My fondest memory that involved John was one that he probably never knew about. He did a video back in 2006 or 2007 of himself running his plow and I watched it on youtube many many times. My youngest, Charlie, was born in 2007, and he loved tractors just as much as I did. We would watch John's video of plowing, and it was GREAT for a little 3-4 year old. There was one view of the tractor running across the screen, and I would hold Charlie and say, "Where's the tractor... where's the tractor?". When the tractor appeared on the left side of the screen, I'd give Charlie a little shake on my lap and "THERE he is!!!" and Charlie would giggle and laugh. The next shot was the tractor coming headlong down the furrow, right at the camera. I would hold Charlie tight and say, "Uh-oh.... he's gunna get you...here he comes, he's gunna get you...." and when John would steer the tractor out of the way of the camera, I would relax my hold and say, "whew... that was a close one"... And Charlie would giggle.

I cannot tell you how many times I watched this video with Charlie and how much enjoyment it gave both of us. John probably never knew.

This is that video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sE5mhTmaHg

Rest in Peace, John. You deserve it!

I used that same tractor, but with a 193 plow (John must have sold the disk plow as he didn't have it when I first went over to his place in 2017). He needed help plowing his garden and a couple of neighbor's gardens, plus he needed help mounting the plow on his tractor. I plowed for him a few times using that tractor and his plow, plowing his garden and his neighbor's.

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:02 pm

He was one of the good ones, wasn't he??
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:04 pm

T-Mo wrote:I used that same tractor, but with a 193 plow (John must have sold the disk plow as he didn't have it when I first went over to his place in 2017). He needed help plowing his garden and a couple of neighbor's gardens, plus he needed help mounting the plow on his tractor. I plowed for him a few times using that tractor and his plow, plowing his garden and his neighbor's.
John kept some Cub implements at the old farm house that used to be his parents home. Parent's home was directly east, across the field from his home. The current owner of the parent's property was allowing John to store items there.

During one visit, the disk plow was laying on the lawn between the parent's house and a small building because it was to heavy for John to move by himself. John had another Cub and Cub parts in the corn crib. They may still be there. That visit was before he built his new shop.

Edit. During one phone conversation John said he needed a 193 plow. I told him he could use mine. John said that he could get one from his cousin.
I have an excuse. CRS.

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63628
Tractors Owned: '40 H
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
No. 8 Little Genius 2-12 Plow
IH Running Gear

Postby T-Mo » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:24 am

A couple of years before John died (it might have been 3 years...), he was trying to build a disc plow. I gave him pieces from a Simpiclity walk behind plow that he was going to use to make a disc plow. I don't think he ever got started too far on it.

Once we were talking about European cars I mentioned I had a book on Renault cars that was published in the late 80s. He borrowed the book since he had a Renault at one time. We both sort of forgot that he still had the book, and I guess it's still in his house somewhere with the rest of his stuff.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:55 am

That seems to be the nature of books. Many never seem to find their way home.

Return to “Family & Friends Memorial Forum”