This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Greetings from Northern NV

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
DZL Whisperer
Zip Code: 89412

Greetings from Northern NV

Postby DZL Whisperer » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:52 pm

Hello everyone, Seth here from the Nevada desert area of Gerlach. Where the pavement ends and the west begins! At least that's how the saying goes around here... still pretty true. In my younger years back when I lived in California I worked with my father as an automotive machinist. We specialized in European vehicles and serviced all the Mercedes-Benz dealers in the SF bay area. Around this time was that phase where everyone was converting old MB diesels to run on waste veggie oil and I worked with a local company designing and installing conversion systems for all kinds of diesel cars, trucks and equipment. I had quite an ear and eye for meticulous tuning and fuel system improvements that I earned the reputation of "diesel whisperer" in my years doing that work. So there's the explanation behind my username.

Being raised in the city I'm relatively new to the tractor world. But I'm no stranger to old IH iron. We have 2 Scouts, a '62 C120 4x4 pickup, a '77 Loadstar bucket truck and now the latest addition is my late father-in-law's Super H. She's certainly a bit rough. Been sitting up on the mountain for a good 20+ years. Missing bits here and there but I'm pretty good at re-purposing and recycling parts from other rigs. Wish me luck on her resurrection! I'm sure what I'll need most is a "picture of this" or a "how did this go?" Thanks in advance!

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Greetings from Northern NV

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:23 am

Seth, Welcome to the forum.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:57 am

Welcome to the forum.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:10 am

Hi,
There are H owner's manuals at the top of the page at Quick links, then go to PDF Manuals.
The manuals have lots of info.
There are parts manuals there also.
They have said on here u may need 2 posts before you can get to the manuals. :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”